C25k Did you ever repeat weeks?

Options
Today I am on week 2 day 3 of couch to 5k. I LOVE this program. It has only been 2 weeks and I have improved tremendously, and want to run more than just 3 days a week. I feel like I may be stuck though. On W2D2 I was dying and not sure if my calves were going to make it through. I made it, and pushed hard to do so, but I do not know now if after today I will be ready to move on to week 3.

Here is my weekly work out routine.
Monday: c25k
Tuesday: BL power sculpt
Wednesday: c25k
Thursday: BL cardio max
Friday: BL power sculpt
Saturday: c25k
Sunday: BL cardio max

I also walk roughly 4 miles each day to bring my daughter to and from school.

My question for everyone is, did you ever repeat weeks on c25k, and how did you know that you needed to?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I repeat as needed. rest days are more important than you think.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I hope I can improve like you have. I started this programme today haha. I cant wait to go again wednesday. I am an absolute beginner though. I really hope I can make the 5 k at the end x
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    yes...I have repeated weeks quite a bit. I started in June and have finally made it to week 5!!!!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I repeated weeks all the time. c25k took me like 6 months or so to complete.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I start W5D1 tonight and haven't repeated any yet... but I'm eyeballing week 7 and almost want to faint. I may have to repeat week 6 to work up to week 7. WHEW!
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    C25K is a training guide.. if you need to repeat a few weeks or workouts go for it... the important thing is that you stick with it! You will do great!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 7 and I love it. Here's what I noticed about your schedule; you have no rest days!! Rest days are VERY important! You're doing something you haven't done and stressing your body. Trust me you have to rest your body!
  • MandyNellPark
    MandyNellPark Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I repeated a few of the weeks. I don't remember exactly which ones, but when I felt like I was dying I knew I needed to master that level before I moved up a notch.
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Not repeating yet, and I'm on the last day of week 8 tomorrow. I think I'll start repeating week 9 after I'm done, because although I run for the alloted time there's no way I'm hitting the distance: when I can do 5k in 30 min (ha!) I reckon I'll start the Bridge to 10k.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think most people do. I was on week 7 and got very sick and weak. When I got better, instead of jumping back in at week 7 which I knew I couldn't do, I reverted back to week 5 day one. Today I'm planning on week6 day1. I'm glad I repeated. I needed it.
  • niciivey
    niciivey Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 7 and I love it. Here's what I noticed about your schedule; you have no rest days!! Rest days are VERY important! You're doing something you haven't done and stressing your body. Trust me you have to rest your body!

until I started c25k I used to use saturdays as my rest days, I know I need some rest. I have been thinking about using sunday as a rest day.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

until I started c25k I used to use saturdays as my rest days, I know I need some rest. I have been thinking about using sunday as a rest day.

Without rest, your body won't have time to recover and strengthen itself for the next run. Early on in C25k, I would notice each run built me up that much more to be able to do the next run. I finished week 8 last night and in the next day or 2 I'll be doing week 9 day 1. I personally didn't repeat anything, but I only had to modify a run once so far, it was week 6 day 3...25min run, I had to take 2 min rest then run the rest out, but that was the only trouble I've had thus far.

I would suggest to keep pushing yourself to move on until it's apparent that you physically CANNOT do it....a LOT of it is mental and you will think you can't do it...but if you drive yourself you'll find that you can many times.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5 day 3. I have not had to repeat yet, but every week I say that I think I will not be able to do the next week. If you have finished a run then move on to the next. If you need to repeat it that is fine, but wait until you have found that you can not do it. This has been my plan anyway.
  • niciivey
    Options

Without rest, your body won't have time to recover and strengthen itself for the next run. Early on in C25k, I would notice each run built me up that much more to be able to do the next run. I finished week 8 last night and in the next day or 2 I'll be doing week 9 day 1. I personally didn't repeat anything, but I only had to modify a run once so far, it was week 6 day 3...25min run, I had to take 2 min rest then run the rest out, but that was the only trouble I've had thus far.

I would suggest to keep pushing yourself to move on until it's apparent that you physically CANNOT do it....a LOT of it is mental and you will think you can't do it...but if you drive yourself you'll find that you can many times.

This may sound stupid, but how do I know that I physically cannot do it? Push through the pain til what point?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

This may sound stupid, but how do I know that I physically cannot do it? Push through the pain til what point?

If you are experiencing actual sharp pain, then absolutely stop....but if we're just talking about discomfort due to running in general....push on. You obviously don't want to push so hard that you injure yourself, but many times your mind will be telling you it just wants to stop and really you're able to push on if you just keep plugging along.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I not only repeated a week due to illness, I created my own Week 0 which was running for 30 seconds and walking for 2 minutes. I was just too out of shape to run for 60 seconds straight. :laugh:
  • niciivey
    Options

If you are experiencing actual sharp pain, then absolutely stop....but if we're just talking about discomfort due to running in general....push on. You obviously don't want to push so hard that you injure yourself, but many times your mind will be telling you it just wants to stop and really you're able to push on if you just keep plugging along.

Thank you very much for your input! I think that it has helped me a lot!
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    So far I havent repeated any weeks. Im going to start week 8 tomorrow! I love c25k. When I started, I couldnt even run for a minute! I've come a long way ;) Cant wait to finish & do a 5k
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    So far I havent repeated any weeks. Im going to start week 8 tomorrow! I love c25k. When I started, I couldnt even run for a minute! I've come a long way ;) Cant wait to finish & do a 5k
  • kelscountincals
    kelscountincals Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just repeated week 2, just because I didn't think I was fit enough (it was still kinda hard for me) The only thing I can tell you is LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!! If it doesn't feel great, repeat the week. It's designed as a guideline only. Go at your own pace!