Couch to 5k app suggestion for Android

ktanderson05
ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey does anyone have a good recommendation for an app I can get on my android phone for the Couch to 5k program? I really want to do it, but I need one that will stay on even if I close the app out. Any suggestions?

Replies

• strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    go to the main website www.c25k.com and scroll towards the bottom and there is a link for an android app. I dont know if you have tried this one already or what not. You can also download the podcasts, but only downside to that is that you can't choose your own music.
  • ktanderson05
    How do I download the podcasts onto my SD card on my phone?
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    I use the free C25K app for Android and it works perfectly in the background with Pandora or with my own music. I like it much better than the podcasts because I can listen to whatever I want instead of music selected by someone else.
  • strandedeyes
    is there any way you can go to the website on your phone and download it from there? I do not know much to do with an android phone, but it works the same way a song would. Can you upload music onto your phone?
  • ktanderson05
    Does it tell you when to change from running to walking though?
  • strandedeyes
    The podcast does...there are 9 podcasts for each week....it was made by the dude who started the couch 2 5k program. The music is a lot of trancesque music. Its worth downloading one on your computer and listening to it to see if you would enjoy it.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    The Android app is really simple. You open, select the week and day you want, and it shows a summary of what the program for that day is. Once you click start, it starts a timer based on that day and it just plays a brief chime/sound when it's time to switch from walking to running. There's no verbal explanation or motivation like in the podcasts; just the sound to signal when it's time to switch. I usually have Pandora running in the background and haven't had any problems with it shutting off so far. The free version is C25K Lite; there's a C25K Pro upgrade for $1.99, but I don't know what the difference is.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    iPod has an app a called "get running" which has the C25K program on it where you can play your own music but the lady comes on and gives you all of the running prompts. I would assume that Droid would carry the same app as well.
  • I tend to use RunDouble... it works pretty well: www.rundouble.com
This discussion has been closed.