Water weight from repairing muscles....( this might be a how

Options
Ok, so I've been on here since may 2011, the first few mths, I calorie counted but didn't exercise as such to begin with and lost pretty consistently. Yay ! Since Aug 2010, I took up Zumba on the wii and worked up the levels, doing on average 2/3 sessions a week if I could. Still losing consistently , yay again!! So I thought I'd bite the bullet and start 30 day shred last week , which I have been doing for 6 days :) really pleased with it so far, hard, but really like it!

So I jumped on the scales and I've put 2lb on. Not too disappointed .... And taking onboard what I've read on here about water weight when you do strength training etc. My question is, how long does your body take to re adjust and start losing again? Or more to the point, if anyone has found this, how long did it take your body?

I'm not looking for a magical number, just trying to understand my body better xx

Replies

• GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I need the same advice,so I will wait to see some replies thanks for posting this :-)
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Same question, lol :smile:
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ditto :smile:
  • rustyrn
    rustyrn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons is you are gaining muscle, the same size muscle weighs more so as you loose fat and replace it with muscle you may gain weight instead of loose. Try recording measurements in your profile instead of weight and see how it goes. Don't be dissapointed keep up the shred
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Thanks hun, that's really helped ! Xx
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons is you are gaining muscle, the same size muscle weighs more so as you loose fat and replace it with muscle you may gain weight instead of loose. Try recording measurements in your profile instead of weight and see how it goes. Don't be dissapointed keep up the shred

Thanks, yep took my measurements last week before I started so will try and pay more attention to how my clothes fit rather than the scales xx
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will give you some insight:

Thanks for the info! I started the 30 day shred recently and was beginning to get discouraged when the scale was going up. I now realize that I should continue what I'm doing and see where I am in a couple of weeks.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I jumped up about 2 pounds my first 2-3 weeks of exercising. It stayed that way for another week, and then I lost 5 pounds that following week, but everyone's different.