Hi, this is my first time here :)

Options
:happy: A friend of mine the other day recommended this website to me. I am going to lose at least 28 more pounds. So far, I have lost 22 lbs. I have been diagnosed with a cholestrol problem and more or less recently with pre-diabetes with no history of it on either side of my family. Cholestrol seems to be doing great... need to eat more things to bring up my "good cholestrol", but bad is okay. I would appreciate any help for recipes that would help both of these conditions. So far, I'm really excited to be on here. Would love to make some support friends on here also.... Thanks ... Shirley G.

Replies

• Elaine631
    Options
    Welcome Shirley you will love the motivation you get from seeing what you eat and how many calories you burn, I love this site only joined a few weeks ago. I have lost 18 lbs and would love to lose another 40 lbs but my goal is to take one day at a time and see where it brings me.
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi and welcome you can add me if you like. Nat
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Welcome Shirley! I have lost 6 pounds officially and need to lose about 30 more. This site is wonderful for the support you get. My cholesterol is elevated (or was a year ago) I am due for a recheck soon and have been trying to eat healthier to bring it down. Losing weight will help too. You were already doing wonderful by yourself. I think you will find this site a fantastic addition to your fitness goals. Feel free to add me!
  • ShirleyGerber
    Options
    Hi, thank you for all of your support. I need to fill out my profile, etc. Lots to do on here I see now besides losing weight (wink). Unfortunately I don't have time now, but I do appreciate the replies I have received. It's a really great feeling not to feel alone in all of this. Signature? guess I need to figure that one out also .... lol...