I need new workout music. Please let me know.

Options
I need some new workout music. What do you got? Feel free to message me long lists or links or anything! Something inspiring or downright loud!

Replies

• curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What kind of music do you like? Any genres off limits?
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dude! check our air1.com THey have a live feed from their website and free phone app! I LOVELOVELOVE their music! And when I walk/jog I walk the verses and jog or run the chorus. I LIVE by this music!!
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oooh yes, I'd be interesting in this too...
  • dannylives
    Options
    What kind of music do you like? Any genres off limits?

No genre off limits!
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new music myself. But the songs that I love to workout to right now are:
    Wannabe - Spice Girls (DON'T JUDGE ME! :p )
    We Made You - Eminem
    Gotta Get Through This - Daniel Beddingfield
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I need some new workout music. What do you got? Feel free to message me long lists or links or anything! Something inspiring or downright loud!

So I saw on your profile you are into 80's and metal....well, thats about all I have in my Ipod so here are some to check out...

Demons and Wizards
    Shadows Fall
    Death Angel
    Flotsam and Jetsam
    Megadeth....new stuff still rocks
    Anthrax new album rocks!

I am into the older metal. I do follow some of the newer, but mainly 80 and 90's.

For punk you cant beat DRI

I can literally be on here forever but you may already have these
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like kick-*kitten* world music. Check out Dahler Mendhi. No bloody clue what he's saying, as he sings in Hindi, but MAN does that dude lay down a shake-your-*kitten* track. It's very upbeat and dynamic. Ever heard "Tunak Tunak Tun?" The video is HILARIOUS and the music is awesome. All his stuff is good.

Dropkick Murphys are always great, Celtic Rock. They do traditional Irish balads in a punk style. Screamin' vocals and bagpipes and guitars. Good stuff. Check out "Shipping off to Boston" for a good sampling. And if you like them, check out Flogging Molly.

I also like samplings of tracks from movies. They can be extremely motivational. There's one from Last of the Mohicans that's amazing, I'll have to find the name of it.

If you like Techno, check out the soundtrack to Run Lola Run. (Even the name implies exercise!) It's a cool-*kitten* German flick from the nineties.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Kanye West-Stronger
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Metallica. The old stuff
    Slayer
    Old smashing pumpkins
    Old soundgarden. Ie. Loud love
    Alice in chains
    Nine inch nails
    Mudvayne
    Chimaira
    Slipknot
    Stone sour
    Foos fighters
    Acdc

Theres a few.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Some of my faves for working out are James Brown, Talking Heads, and Jurassic 5.
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    Lil Wayne- 6 foot 7 foot
    DJ Khaled - We takin over
    Chris Brown - Look at me know
    Lupe Fiasco- The show goes on
    T Mills- Shes got A
    Hedley- Invincible
    Nickelback- Animals
    Metallica- Enter Sandman

Any 80's metal works too!
  • dannylives
    Options

So I saw on your profile you are into 80's and metal....well, thats about all I have in my Ipod so here are some to check out...

Demons and Wizards
    Shadows Fall
    Death Angel
    Flotsam and Jetsam
    Megadeth....new stuff still rocks
    Anthrax new album rocks!

I am into the older metal. I do follow some of the newer, but mainly 80 and 90's.

For punk you cant beat DRI

I can literally be on here forever but you may already have these

Skullcrusher is an awesome track, I still need to get that album! You're right about DRI!
  • dannylives
    Options
    DUDE, screw this, Im gonna download lots of music tonight! Im still reading this thread!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Apocalyptica - One
    Azucar Moreno - Mambo Tequila
    Metric -Gold Guns Girls
    As I Lay Dying- The Darkest Nights
    Taproot - Poem
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I like kick-*kitten* world music. Check out Dahler Mendhi. No bloody clue what he's saying, as he sings in Hindi, but MAN does that dude lay down a shake-your-*kitten* track. It's very upbeat and dynamic. Ever heard "Tunak Tunak Tun?" The video is HILARIOUS and the music is awesome. All his stuff is good.

Dropkick Murphys are always great, Celtic Rock. They do traditional Irish balads in a punk style. Screamin' vocals and bagpipes and guitars. Good stuff. Check out "Shipping off to Boston" for a good sampling. And if you like them, check out Flogging Molly.

I also like samplings of tracks from movies. They can be extremely motivational. There's one from Last of the Mohicans that's amazing, I'll have to find the name of it.

If you like Techno, check out the soundtrack to Run Lola Run. (Even the name implies exercise!) It's a cool-*kitten* German flick from the nineties.

Flogging Molly ROCKS! I would add Flatfoot 56 "Knuckles Up" to that list of great Irish-style punk songs, and I also have the Street Dogs' "Free" on my half marathon playlist...check em out.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    "Eyes Like Fire" by Saint Rose--they're a Las Vegas hard rock/metal band. I have tons more, I will shoot you a PM.
  • punkischic
    punkischic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    oh boy, here goes,,,

Reggaeton is excellent work out music. Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Wisin y Yandel, etc. etc. It's really energetic, latin and caribbean dance music. A second vote for Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly, I prefer their more Irish punk songs because it's much more fast paced.

I'm a sucker for The Cure, and most 80s pop because they're fun and bouncy. Coheed and Cambria is a good band to work out to, even though their genre of music isn't exactly my favorite. Pantera is good too.

My all time favorites are--

The Misfits
    Nekromantix
    The Creepshow
    Zombie Ghost Train
    Voodoo Zombie

I'm big into psychobilly, so it may or may not tickle your fancy. I'll keep checking.
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awolnation- Sail This is the song I use to jog to now Its got that get off your butt and work it off kinda beat that I love
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Cannot believe I forgot to add a local band making some serious noise......Brand Of Freak....Amazing! Getting recognized by Korn. From Springfield Mo, you will not be dissapointed
  • dannylives
    Options
    This one RULES! One word, "JAIL!" http://youtu.be/O5jDZjNZnvs