c5k --had to share!

Options
So tonight I did week 2 day 3 and i felt i wasnt finished so I kept going for another 18 min for a total of 3.3 mi in 48 min with 10 of those minutes being warm up and cool down..My walk speed was 3.9mph and my run was 5.2 mph...i still felt great after the 48 minutes... but im starting week 3 and that scares me... for those who have or are still doing it, how was the transition to running for 3 solid minutes???:bigsmile:

Replies

• tinkerbella01
    Options
    For me it was a little harder. I had to miss a day, so I decided to do week 3 again...not sure I'm ready for week 4.
  • freeingi
    Options
    I finished C25K a few months back - and my biggest piece of advice - don't be scared!!! You can do it! The program gets you ready for each step - give it a go and you will surprise yourself!! The biggest hurdle in running is not your body, it's your mind!
  • kittyrn
    Options
    I did week 2 day 3 twice. The second time I did a five minute walk warm up and the the program warm-up as well. I didn't feel ready to d o the third week as well. I did an jour walk with my husband tonight so I'm going to tackle week three on Wednesday. I know what you you mean about week three being scary. That three minute run is looking a little daunting. But just think of the weight you're losing and how much better you'll feel!
  • zipline
    zipline Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completed W3D1 today. I must admit that the second 3 minute run was tough for me. I was huffing and puffing pretty bad. But then again, I am really out of shape so I am pleased that I never stopped running. :)

I find that so far, the program seems to increase the difficulty just enough every week to challenge you without making it impossible to complete. If you kept going for another 18 minutes, I say you will be just fine in week 3.
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.. I think I will have a rest day tomorrow and start week 3 on Wed.. I find that if i focus on something stupid in the gym and not the clock it goes by faster... I know I can do this ,I know i can!!!
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    Well i did it!

No problem what so ever! I actually stayed on the treadmill for another 17 min doing intervals because i felt i wasnt finished yet.. So in total i did 3.3 mi in 47 min with 10 of those min being warm up cool down...