Best Low-Carb Snacks

Options
Hi Everyone

I find that I'm doing great in terms of sticking to my calories and fat, but I tend to go over on carbs nearly every day. I eat three meals and a few snacks in between. I see that most of my carbs are coming from a handful of snacks— on a typical day, that includes a kashi bar, a chai tea latte (my one vice in life), and fruit... which make up most of my carbs for the day.

I'm looking for suggestions for lower-carb snack items. Suggestions?

Thank You!

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    String cheese. Get low fat versions, It has pretty good protein.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    veggies and dip
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    lite string cheese and natural almonds are one of my faves!
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, cheese, turkey pepperonis baked in the oven until crisp, a slice of deli meat rolled up around cheese...
  • jettsmom77
    Options
    pork skins are great low carb snack
  • scarlettgirl10
    Options
    i really like the "old wisconsin" brand of the snack sausages (turkey, original or beef) and string cheese!
  • velveeta411
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fat free Catalina dressing tastes good and it’s high in protein.
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    old cheddar cheese and pickles are my fav snack!
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    imake cottage cheese snack pots.. and mix from sweet to savoury, today its cottage cheese witha sprinkle of canderel and fresh strawberries, tomorrow ill change it to blueberries, and cherry tomato, garlic, and onion for later in week!!!

I also make flax bread/muffin - look up MIM, i made one this morning in afternoon, 30g flax, 1 egg, a pinch of salt, baking powder, a lil canderel sweetner, tbs butter (i use low fat).. I make them sometimes with garlic and herbs, others with vanilla/lemon essence, and at the weeknd i topped one with ricotta cheese and fresh strwberries for a treat!!! you throw the whole lot into a microwaveable bowl and mix well, them in microwave for 2.5 mins.... easy, quick and like magic makes a great substitute for bread!!!

I also eat low cal yoghurts for a quick and handy snack although you have to watch carbs in those too!!!

you can check out my diary if you like, its open ;-),
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky, it's all I'll get on the road when I'm travelling.

Good luck with your low-sodium goals of 2011 tho.