Should I eat before or after my workout tonight?

Options
Im already slighty over my cals today so I just wanna eat once tonight! Do you think I should eat a little before I run or after I run but right before I sleep??? I'm leaning on eating before but just wanna know your opinions! Thanks! :) (tonight's workout is just jogging/running 3 to 4 miles)

Replies

• JRMcCaghren
    Options
    I would rather eat before, but not right before or you might get sick.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different, but I say eat after.

I've tried eating first and it was not good for me. Tummy felt sloshy, got a stitch, got nauseated, didn't burn as much as usual. Just didn't enjoy my workout at all and couldn't wait for it to end.
  • countinonme
    Options
    I'm a greenhorn.. but it seems to me that if you were gonna work hard you may want to eat after. :flowerforyou:
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I would eat before, then your body has energy to burn. And I think it is harder for your body to process foods if you eat to late.
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 1 hour before your run. you need energy to burn!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    After so you have the energy to recover. You are reving up your metabolism through exercising and heating up our bodyand it's not likely your body will "shut down" into sleep mode for a while anyways.
  • sug34
    sug34 Posts: 2
    Options
    Personally.. Theres nothing like a good meal after a good workout. :)
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 1 hour before your run. you need energy to burn!

I have no time to wait an hour till I run lol! I was planning a small small snack/meal then wait 20 mins. Maybe I'll just eat after! Grrr