Hungry Girl Girlfredo White Lasagna a FIVE STAR DISH!!!

Options
DEEDLYNN
DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
My girlfriend made this for me for my birthday. We usually go out to celebrate birthday's and decided to stay in and save calories. We are both on a weight loss journey. This is OUTSTANDING. We had fun making it. Wasn't as hard as the recipe had me believe, but does take a few pans....LOL. I will be making this again. I'm trying to figure out if it will freeze well, because I'd love to make it on the weekends and have it for lunch during the week.

This recipe is one that I highly recommend!!!

3 medium zucchini, ends removed
1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
2 large egg whites or ¼ cup liquid egg whites
1 tsp. chopped garlic
¼ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. dried basil
¼ tsp. salt, divided
¼ tsp. black pepper, divided
1½ cups chopped mushrooms
2 cups chopped spinach
¾ cup fat-free sour cream
4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
4 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping, divided
4 sheets oven-ready lasagna noodles (like the kind by Ronzoni)
½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Optional: additional salt and black pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Slice zucchini in half widthwise, and then slice each half lengthwise into ¼-inch thick strips. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, garlic, oregano, basil, ⅛ tsp. salt, and ⅛ tsp. black pepper. Stir well and set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushrooms and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach has wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, about 2 more minutes.

Remove skillet from heat and let cool. Blot away excess moisture from veggies, using paper towels. Transfer contents to the bowl of ricotta mixture and set aside.

Re-spray skillet and return to medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook zucchini until softened, about 2 minutes per side; remove skillet from heat and re-spray between batches. Set zucchini aside.

To make the sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream with cheese wedges, breaking cheese wedges into pieces as you add them. Stir in 2 tbsp. Parm-style topping, remaining ⅛ tsp. salt, and remaining ⅛ tsp. black pepper. Microwave for 30 – 45 seconds, until very warm. Stir until smooth and set aside.

Spray an 8” X 8” baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly place 1/3rd of the cooked zucchini strips on the bottom. With a spoon or spatula, spread half of the ricotta-veggie mixture on top. Evenly top with 2 lasagna sheets, followed by 1/3rd of the sauce.

Repeat layering with the same amounts of zucchini, ricotta-veggie mixture, lasagna sheets, and sauce. Evenly top with remaining zucchini, followed by remaining sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining 2 tbsp. Parm-style grated topping.

Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until cheese starts to brown.

If you like, season to taste with additional salt and black pepper. Enjoy!

Replies

• amadapooky76
    Options
    Sound yummy!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely... did you work out the cals per portion?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    What's the nutritional info on this? Sounds delish but I don't want to get my hopes up too high! LOL
  • glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I might try that out next weekend! Thanks for sharing.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys. I meant to include this. This recipe makes 4 large servings. Here are the nutritional stats:

290 cals
    6.5 fat
    726 sodium
    33 carbs
    3 fiber
    10 sugar
    21.5 protein

Does anyone think this would freeze well?
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I don't like mushrooms, so I'd probably leave them out, but otherwise this sounds yummy!
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tsbrown09
    Options
    I have made this before and it was delicious!!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys. I meant to include this. This recipe makes 4 large servings. Here are the nutritional stats:

290 cals
    6.5 fat
    726 sodium
    33 carbs
    3 fiber
    10 sugar
    21.5 protein

Does anyone think this would freeze well?

I'm not really sure about freezing it, the cheese might not taste that great, but I don't freeze things so who knows lol. Since it is only 4 servings, you and your girlfriend could eat 2 servings for dinner and eat the other 2 servings for lunch the next day, no freezing needed? I'm gonna try this soon and let ya know!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    yum! good girls night in food!
  • rklewis
    rklewis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BunnyBearLove
    Options
    bump
  • daves1grl