PLEASE HELP!

Options
So, I just started a new job (YAY!) and I'm doing what I went to school for (Which is even better!) I'm a scene shop manager/head carpenter for a nearby (big name) college. Basically, the only time I am sitting down is for my hour lunch, I'm always on my feet and working on the current show. However, I recently changed my profile to 'very active' or whatever it is and it says that I have to eat near 2,500+ a day! I can only eat a small breakfast (or I'll get sick) and I can't eat 2,500+ calories for the rest of the two meals. I mean, yeah, I'm MAD hungry when I get home but not THAT hungry.

Basically, my question is that, should i force myself to eat those calories or just eat what till I'm full? I would really hate myself to force myself to eat all the food. And since I'm basically the "only" carpenter for the shows (besides some students) I can't really get much breaks for snaking.

Help?!

Replies

• batesss
    batesss Posts: 24
    Options
    I always thought of "very active" as someone who spends the day training for the olympics. Maybe change your activity level (consider things like heart rate through the day, how much you sweat, etc because those are all factors in daily activity). Chances are you aren't supposed to be eating 2500 calories a day because you really aren't that active.
  • batesss
    batesss Posts: 24
    Options
    oh and congrats on the super cool new job, as a theatre kid i'm super jealous.
  • davejlee
    davejlee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them.

Just know that on some days when you're really pushing hard you can "afford" to eat some more for fuel.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would change your setting to one step under 'Very Active', and then log your hours moving/walking as exercise.
  • juberry
    juberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your great new job. I think those "very active" calories may be for marathon runners or serious athletes in training, so you might want to eat what you're hungry for. I wouldn't go eating 2500 calories unless I was super hungry. And each day varies in the amount of exertion, doesn't it?

Might as well take advantage of the opportunity to build muscle while you're at it, so lots of lean protein, yes?

Good luck and check back in so we hear what you've decided.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    the key is to eat smaller meals about 4 to 6 each day.
    you may not think you can eat that many... but if you find the right food combinations
    you can reach the calories.
    esp, with nuts (almonds esp), fruit and milk.

here's a chart for calories for 1/2 cup servings of different fruit.
    Scroll down a bit from the picture.
    http://www.green-tea-health-news.com/calories-in-fruit.html
  • CMR12
    CMR12 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you all! I was looking at the choices when I was making the change on my profile and it had carpenter under the very active. Maybe I will change it to one under, just to be safe. And I'm sure I'll have some slow days so I can catch up on eating those calories lol =p. Thank you all again soo much! =D You made my worries go away!