Need toning tips

Options
Good Morning Everyone. So I've been at this since early July and have lost 27 pounds so far. I can see a difference in my body and really don't think for my height I should lose much more weight but I'm still kind of "puffy". I use my Gazelle for an average of 60 minutes a day (sometime longer) so burn calories and I try to get a brisk walk in when I can (I work long days and have class three nights a week so the walk is not always possible). I can tell I need to switch something up or try something new to get rid of the puffiness around my stomach and hips. This morning I only did 30 minutes on my Gazelle and then did 100 crunches (not all at once) and used some small weights and did some arm exercises.

Any good suggestions that you all have tried and found to work?

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Lunges, front lunges, back lunges, walking lunges, side lunges, "curtsey" lunges...squats, pile squats, sumo squats...etc...front kicks, back kicks, side kicks

LOl...you get the idea....
  • elissaszoo
    Options
    Think I see a pattern! Thx. :-)
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to tone up and have been going to the gym and using the equipment and doing reps. I also suggest using dvds, i hear 30 day shred is extremely good but i havent tried it. I am looking into purchasing it though, everyone raves about it
  • elissaszoo
    Options
    I'm also trying to tone up and have been going to the gym and using the equipment and doing reps. I also suggest using dvds, i hear 30 day shred is extremely good but i havent tried it. I am looking into purchasing it though, everyone raves about it
  • elissaszoo
    Options
    I've heard about this too but haven't tried it. It's hard for me because the space in my house is so limited. I have to move furniture just to "work out". I have the old Richard Simmons DVD's (which I confess I love) but it's such a hassle to use them that most of the time I don't bother and end up jumping back on the gazelle.