12 Week Winter Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Name.................................Starting Weight.............................Current Weight..................................Goal Weight
    beethedreamer.........................181.4....................................................181.4..................................................165
    160poundgirl.............................205.2...................................................205.2....................................................180
    Catherine (catmomof3)............. 211......................................................211......................................................180
    bluegirl10.....................................142 .....................................................142 .................................................... 132
    tammihart.....................................196......................................................196.......................................................175
    Jody............................................147.5 ....................................................147.5................................................. 137.5

Had a bit of an indulgent weekend, but I know all that plus more will be off this week :) And it looks like everyone has reasonable goals for themselves for the rest of the year.

I'd also like to start a challenge for this week: log everything you eat and also log your water. Both of them are crucial in losing weight :) And I know that will definitely be a challenge for me.

Also, feel free to add me so we can keep in touch through status updates as well! Good luck everyone!
  • SarahMarie1983
    Options
    Name.................................Starting Weight.............................Current Weight..................................Goal Weight
    beethedreamer.........................181.4....................................................181.4..................................................165
    160poundgirl.............................205.2...................................................205.2....................................................180
    Catherine (catmomof3)............. 211......................................................211......................................................180
    bluegirl10.....................................142 .....................................................142 .................................................... 132
    tammihart.....................................196......................................................196.......................................................175
    Jody............................................147.5 ....................................................147.5................................................. 137.5
    SarahMarie1983......................213.0.....................................................213.0..................................................190.0

Yay! I'm so excited!!!
  • freyalillie
    Options
    SarahMarie1983......................213.0.....................................................213.0..................................................190.0
    Freyalillie...................................139.........................................................139..........................................................130
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Freyalillie...................................139.........................................................139..........................................................130
    clh126.........................................132.........................................................132.........................................................125
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    Yay, I'm so glad all of you are participating.

I was also thinking that in order to get to know each other a little more, we could all post a little about ourselves and our long term fitness goals. I'll start:

My name is Brittany, and I'm a twenty year old college student. I still live at home with my parents but I do my own grocery shopping and prepare my own meals everyday. I've been trying to actively lose weight for about two years, but my motivation has disappeared at times. I take a spinning class twice a week and try to run three days a week. I'm currently training for a marathon in June 2012. It's a while away, but I need all the time I can get. I'm also signed up for my first race ever, a 5K, which will be in the beginning of November. Hopefully I'll be able to get to my goal weight of 150 sometime at the beginning of next year, but we'll see how that goes :) I also have a passion for nutrition and fitness and hope to eventually make a career out of that someday.

If anyone has any questions regarding the challenge or even anything in general, don't be afraid to ask :D
  • multimum2010
    Options
    Helloooo there!
    I am totally new to the boards tonight and looking for a little inspiration!! I'll join the challenge!

I have three kids under three and I've managed 32lbs so far since January, but in fits and starts. I tried for about six weeks in Jan/feb, stopped, then started again early Sept and know I'm in dangerous territory around six weeks in!

clh126.........................................132.........................................................132.........................................................125
    multimum2010.............................181.....................................................181.......................................................157
  • catmomof3
    Options
    Anyone who wants to friend me please do so. I would love the encouragement and have good attitude to spare and share :happy:
  • CUgirl
    CUgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry I coudn't log in yesterday to report this. Here it is now. Looking forward to the challenge!

multimum2010.............................181.....................................................181.......................................................157
    CUgirl.............................................166.......................................................162......................................................147
  • mommyofchaos
    Options
    Im so sorry, I was not able to log in on monday and forgot till now. May I still be included??
    CUgirl.............................................166.......................................................162......................................................147
    MommyofChaos........................... 171.5 .....................................................171.5.................................................. 150.0
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP, I would love to get on the challenge! I need all the motivation I can get! and I already lost a pound!!!

Name...................................Starting Weight.............................Current Weight..................................Goal Weight
    beethedreamer..........................181.4...............................................181.4..................................................165
    160poundgirl..............................205.2...............................................205.2..................................................180
    Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................211......................................................180
    bluegirl10....................................142 .................................................142 .................................................... 132
    tammihart....................................196..................................................196.....................................................175
    Jody..............................................147.5 ..............................................147.5................................................. 137.5
    SarahMarie1983........................213.0...............................................213.0..................................................190.0
    Freyalillie.....................................139..................................................139......................................................130
    clh126..........................................132..................................................132......................................................125
    multimum2010...........................181..................................................181.....................................................157
    CUgirl...........................................166..................................................162......................................................147
    MommyofChaos......................... 171.5 ..............................................171.5................................................. 150.0
    Leobaby........................................160...................................................159.....................................................140

Hope you don't mind me fixing the table (aligning the numbers, that is, I'm kinda control freak!)
  • csmigin
    csmigin Posts: 30
    Options
    If it is not too late to join in, I'd love to join in! So I've added my info. And a bit about me? Hmm...I am 30 years young and live with my mom and brother (Steven) who are my two best friends in the whole world! I also work at Haagen Dazs/Nestle Toll House Cafe at the local mall and am a type 2 diabetic of 4 years. I also am a tomboy and fairly active (so I'm not sure how I got so overweight :huh: ). Anyways, that's just a little bit of who I am, I'm sure you'll learn more about me as the months go by. :wink:

Name...................................Starting Weight.............................Current Weight..................................Goal Weight
    beethedreamer..........................181.4...............................................181.4..................................................165
    160poundgirl..............................205.2...............................................205.2..................................................180
    Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................211......................................................180
    bluegirl10....................................142 .................................................142 .................................................... 132
    tammihart....................................196..................................................196.....................................................175
    Jody..............................................147.5 ..............................................147.5................................................. 137.5
    SarahMarie1983........................213.0...............................................213.0..................................................190.0
    Freyalillie.....................................139..................................................139......................................................130
    clh126..........................................132..................................................132......................................................125
    multimum2010...........................181..................................................181.....................................................157
    CUgirl...........................................166..................................................162......................................................147
    MommyofChaos......................... 171.5 ..............................................171.5................................................. 150.0
    Leobaby........................................160...................................................159.....................................................140
    csmigin (Christy).........................175.2...............................................175.....................................................125
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    I'd like to join! My name is Linda, and I'm 28 years old. I live in FL, and am glad that it's autumn and the weather seems to be getting better. I live with my husband, 10 month old & 3 parrots. I have been embarking on the C25k training, and have found a new love for running. I hate talking about myself, so I'm going to end here! Feel free to friend me if you like!

csmigin (Christy).........................175.2...............................................175.....................................................125
    LinBee...........................................193.4...............................................193.4..................................................175
  • Leobaby
    Options
    I think it would be great to have pictures of us starting the challenge and post it with an after picture when the challenge ends :)

I'm willing to post mine anyway, who's with me?

I wanna be one of those "WOW" stories too! :D
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    Everyone is welcome! The more the merrier :)

And I'm willing to post pictures at the end too. Anyone else wanting to can as well. Thanks for the idea Leobaby!
  • csmigin
    Options
    Sure, I'll add photos. Just one question (seeing as how I'm new and all), how do we add pictures?
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good challenge for me. I have lost 90 lbs over the past few years but have been struggling to get to my ultimate goal. I am ready to make it this time!

AScarbrough19 (Andrea)............155.................................................155.....................................................140
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    I got skipped on the last post! (Out of the list), Just fixing!

AScarbrough19 (Andrea)............155.................................................155.....................................................140
    LinBee............................................193..................................................193.....................................................175
  • csmigin
    Options
    Sorry, I tried to copy and paste exactly, but I guess I missed you somehow. :blushing:
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I got skipped on the last post! (Out of the list), Just fixing!

tammihart....................................196..................................................194.....................................................175
    LinBee............................................193..................................................193.....................................................175
  • Leobaby
    Options
    Great work tammihart! 2 pounds!!! :)

This was my first week, lost 5 pounds in total!!! I realized I didn't felt hungry, maybe just a bit while I was preparing breakfast in the mornings, but that was because I was taking so long measuring and weighting everything lol

I suppose losing that much in a week just comes to show how bad I was eating. One of the things that helped me a lot was doing mini fancy stuff for lunch, you know, lots of yummy ingredients (some of them light - some others not) but having a much healthier size portion, so I did had some coworkers with that envy sight hahaha

Also I became very aware of the amount of water I was drinking. I haven't started exercise since my knee is hurting lately, I wil try to start today to see how it goes. Worst case scenario I'll just go this week only watching what I eat.

So, how did the rest do this week? I'm sure I won't have this loss the following weeks btu as for now, is it sweet! I couldn't believe the scale! I even checked it was calibrate right! LOL

Have all a great week!

tammihart....................................196..................................................194.....................................................175
    MommyofChaos........................ 171.5 ..............................................171.5................................................. 150.0
    Leobaby.......................................160...................................................155.....................................................140
    csmigin (Christy)........................175.2...............................................175.....................................................125
    AScarbrough19 (Andrea)..........155..................................................155.....................................................140
    LinBee..........................................193..................................................193.....................................................175