Can I do this?

Options
I already went over the recommended calorie allowence. Figures... I won't give up though. I will just have to be more careful. Looking forward to someday writing a success story. It's nice to know that I'm not alone..

Replies

• Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey Janice,

I feel you on that. Its so hard for me to stay at 1300 calories a day. Does anyone have advice? I eat veggies and good proteins...my problem is that sometimes I don't have the discipline or willpower.

Thanks!
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water.....hunger can be dehydration !
  • fish119
    fish119 Posts: 67
    Options
    You can do this! I am having a bad week this week, but I refuse to give up...the skinny girl in me wont let me!! If you have a bad day, bad week, bad month...pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get back to it. If I can do this, you can do this....we can do this!! Good luck!
  • bonnybee
    Options
    Keep in mind the calorie amout is the NET amount... if you find that you went over go for an extra walk or do a little extra on the cycle. once you enter in the cardio workout it will deduct from your calories. :-) Keep it up!!!!!!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Plan your diary in advance so you know what you can eat for the day & if you want something else-work for it!

You can do this, if it's early days for you here you need to figure out what you're doing wrong & how to stay in your calories.
    Search through the message boards for inspiration & recipes, the internet's the best cookbook out there!!

What I like to do is go through the recipes I've always cooked, enter them into the recipe database here & tweak them a bit to make them healthier. That way I still get into enjoy meals I've always loved & I still get to bake delicious treats.

Good luck on your journey, I look forward to reading your success story :smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you trying for? I prefer to lose weight slowly so I can eat more. This is the only way I will stick with a "diet".
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I already went over the recommended calorie allowence. Figures... I won't give up though. I will just have to be more careful. Looking forward to someday writing a success story. It's nice to know that I'm not alone..

Yes, yes you can do it! Any one who has decided it's time can do it! Going over happens some times, learn from it and move on to a better day!
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Gualirix
    Options
    I KNOW that it might not work for everyone, but if you plan your meals ahead of time, it's very helpful. I also drink one cup of water before I eat. It helps me not overeat.

Before I started MFP, I was setting up times for when I ate. I did it for a week and not to brag, but it works wonder. I drink pleeeeenty - yes, plenty of e's since it's so important - of water, because it fills your stomach and this sends a message to the brain, and thus makes you feel satiated.

Also, water rids the body of toxins, helps clean the blood and it's just plain amazing for the body!

My dietician suggested having fruits and vegetables in every meal. Veggies have a lot of fiber that help you feel full. I hope this helped. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals!
  • Coralus
    Options
    i am like you im new in here and i think if we keep motivating ourselves and if we get positive we can make it though ... soon there will be our stories there ... and our pics too though lol
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Shiratake noodles are helping me! I stir fry (with Pam, not oil) veggies and at the last minute throw in the noodles to heat them. You don't need to cook them. They help fill you up and have almost zero carbs and calories. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sexypr1ncess
    sexypr1ncess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Plan your diary in advance so you know what you can eat for the day & if you want something else-work for it!

You can do this, if it's early days for you here you need to figure out what you're doing wrong & how to stay in your calories.
    Search through the message boards for inspiration & recipes, the internet's the best cookbook out there!!

What I like to do is go through the recipes I've always cooked, enter them into the recipe database here & tweak them a bit to make them healthier. That way I still get into enjoy meals I've always loved & I still get to bake delicious treats.

Good luck on your journey, I look forward to reading your success story :smile:

took the words from my mouth! don't get discouraged though!! the support that is on this website speaks volumes and really helps to lift me! i'm new at actually "counting" my calories and have found it's super easy to go over- just one extra nugget or soda or cookie and push it over. i hope it gets easier for you!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Don't worry TOO much about the calories the first week. This is not a race, it's a lifestyle change. Get used to the idea of logging absolutely everything you eat. This is the most important thing you can do right now.

Look at your calorie total at the end of each day but don't obsess over it. You're probably making a significant change to the way you have been eating so just noticing what you're actually putting into your mouth each day and the fact that some of it isn't as healthy as you might have thought can be a real eye opener.

Now pay attention to what you're eating each day and what's causing you to go over. Are you eating too many snacks? Eating at night after dinner (which is fine if you have the calories left)? Eating too much at meals or just too much fat or too much sugar? Start to tweak those things as the days go by and learn from what you've seen so far.

Check the diaries of your MFP friends who have lost a significant amount of weight or who are close to their goal. What kinds of things have they been eating? Ask where they bought something that looks interesting or ask for a recipe. Most of us are more than happy to share the things that have helped us, it's what makes this site so awesome.

Eventually, it'll be like second nature to stay under your calories and eat healthy. AND lose weight.
  • janelc8
    Options
    Thankyou to everyone for the encouragement. I know I can and am very excited about it. Sorry if I sounded dramatic. lol. I was just a little frustrated. I have to realize that everything I put in will affect me. I like the idea of planning my meal day. I think that will work for me. Looking forward to tomorrow.:smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Realization is the first step. Many overweight people have told me "I dont' eat much or eat bad". Welcome.
  • annetteraley
    annetteraley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it, one day, meal by meal at a time... I am just starting for the very first time. I have faith in you and I also have faith in myself. There is power in number, surround yourself with those that encourage you to move forward and know it's ok if you waiver a smidge... while we have a purpose and a goal, you are a beautiful woman with alot of responsibility.

Breath and thank yourself for where you and seeing where you are going to be !!

Annette
  • annetteraley
    annetteraley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this is my first try and I appreciate you sharing what is helping you and I need all the recommendations so I can try and see what works for me that I might not have thought about.

Annette:happy: