If I hear this one more time, I swear I'm going to pop!

Options

Replies

• audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Actually, I am not easily annoyed by this (spelling ya that gets me, I need to be a proof reader!) BUT I have bigger issues in my life that bother me more! OYY its a big world, pick your battles
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    4. "Is the Pope Catholic" No! He's not...
    Everyone knows bears are Catholic.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    "Hella"

Cannot stand it.

Are you in Northern California? I'm guilty of that one. "Like" and "hella". I so try to not talk that way because it sounds a bit ghetto...but it slips out. lol.

San Francisco. Just got here though from Texas. Never heard it till I got here. Drives me insane! lol I just try to ignore it.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    When people say 'I could care less.' I refuse to explain the reason it's wrong anymore. Just think about it people.

This drives me insane.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to hear someone say "ax" instead of "ask". Really!? Learn to enunciate! :explode:

I agree, this drives me crazy.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    The one that drives me insane is the overuse of the word EPIC. :explode:
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Oh snap! Someone's senstive to like, a lot! Just sayin'.

Really? Like 24/7!

Seriously? Just sayin... It is EPIC when people ax these questions and I'm like oh snap!

My bad...
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    HCG . . .just sayin'!
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    "Hella"

Cannot stand it.

Are you in Northern California? I'm guilty of that one. "Like" and "hella". I so try to not talk that way because it sounds a bit ghetto...but it slips out. lol.

Haha I'm in the bay area and have been 24/7/365 for like yearrrrrssss and like I still hella hate the word hella! haha
    No. Seriously! I hate the word hella.

San Francisco. Just got here though from Texas. Never heard it till I got here. Drives me insane! lol I just try to ignore it.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Irregardless.......HATE this one!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Misuse of the word "literally" pisses me off right quick. Such as "I literally ran, like a thousand miles!" No. No you didn't. You "figuratively" ran, like, a thousand miles. Damn it.
  • CaWaterBug8
    Options
    Irregardless.......HATE this one!

Ahh that drives me nuts! My mom still says it all of the time and we get in arguments over it. I don't care if that ever used to be correct, I was taught in grammar school that it is not!!! :laugh:
  • oneLessS
    oneLessS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When people say 'I could care less.' I refuse to explain the reason it's wrong anymore. Just think about it people.

"Couldn't" you give a little more info? :wink:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    FAIL!
    My niece, who is 16, wore me out on this over the summer.

I still use it, but not as much as she did/does.

EPIC ... borderline annoying. We play WoW here, so there's a lot of epic this and that going on.
    We usually stretch it out to "epic x of ridiculousness" as in "epic salad bowl of ridiculousness" we get bored.

About the Ask/Ax ... I have a bit of a speech problem.
    When I say "ask", most of the time it sounds like "ax". I am really sensitive about it, and reword questions at work because of it.

BUT
    If I hear "Dr Oz said..." once more time....
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    What is "whatnot"? and how does "whatnot:" seem to get into every conversation I have these days?
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have 2....

1. No offense, but *insert offensive statement here*

2. hunnerds. My assistant says this all the time when she working with the kids on math (3 tens and 5 hunnerds). Drives me batty!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The ones that get me are all at work. Got one co-worker who always says, "Consequently." He can work it into EVERY conversation.

Another guy, a salesman, is big on every buzzword or catchphrase ever invented. He says things like, "We have to ask the question," and "Make it happen." To make it even worse, he repeats back to you everything you tell him. ANNOYING!!
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    5. "Just sayin" or any variation there of "Just saying" etc. Really, seriously?

So, what makes you go crazy?

when people say "Really, seriously?" :)
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    The word "had" drives me up the wall. "You had told me that you had wanted me to work on this." HUH??
    Yeah, what's up with that? I've had one student in my entire career so far that used the past perfect for all past tenses. I thought she was just twisted. Now it seems like it's popping up more.
    FAIL!
    My niece, who is 16, wore me out on this over the summer.

I still use it, but not as much as she did/does.

EPIC ... borderline annoying. We play WoW here, so there's a lot of epic this and that going on.
    We usually stretch it out to "epic x of ridiculousness" as in "epic salad bowl of ridiculousness" we get bored.
    Yes, and to still be using "epic fail" is indeed an - well, it sucks.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Really?