Healthy Burritos?

Options
Does anybody know how to make healthy burritos?

Replies

• ladylaycee
    Options
    Does anybody know how to make healthy burritos?
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    No beans, no sour cream or Fat Free Sour Cream.

By whole wheat Tortillas, Fat Free Cheese, Salsa, Shred skinless Chicken breasts
  • Erica92627
    Options
    You can get 99% fat free beans

but go easy and don't pack them full
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    stuff them full of lettuce and chopped tomatoes, and don't forget the salsa.

And hey, what's wrong with beans? If you get the ones without lard and mind the portions (they are fairly calorie-dense), they're great. Also, if you don't have meat, mixing the bean with the complex carb makes a complete protein.

You can also get sprouted corn or sprouted grain tortillas. Those are very good, IMHO.

I have these for dinner at least once a week.
  • sinclairel
    Options

You can also get sprouted corn or sprouted grain tortillas. Those are very good, IMHO.

Where do you find those? Or can you recommend a brand?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    The brand I get is "Food for Life". Any health food store would probably carry them. I've even seen them at some "regular" groceries. They're in the freezer section there, usually. They're more expensive than the "normal" kind, but I believe they are much more nutrient-rich.

I used to live on the sprouted wheat ones before I found out I was allergic to wheat. Thank god they make a brown rice one.

Good luck and happy burrito-ing (they're also great for sandwiches)
  • sinclairel
    Options
    The brand I get is "Food for Life". Any health food store would probably carry them. I've even seen them at some "regular" groceries. They're in the freezer section there, usually. They're more expensive than the "normal" kind, but I believe they are much more nutrient-rich.

I used to live on the sprouted wheat ones before I found out I was allergic to wheat. Thank god they make a brown rice one.

Good luck and happy burrito-ing (they're also great for sandwiches)
    Thank you!