Should i up my calories?

Options
I think i need to Up my calories but im not too sure how much i should, so i thought i would get some of your opinions. If im working out twice a day and burning almost 300/400 calories for each workout and my calorie goal is 1200, how much should i up my calorie intake?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i highly..HIGHLY doubt you are burning that many calories.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    I was told by my dietitian to strive for 1500 cal and not to eat the exercise cals. The 1500 cals per day has the earned cals worked in. Its really up to you. Do you feel hungry or like your lacking meat/fruit/veggies? I was feeling really drained because I wasn't eating enough.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If you are sure of your calorie burns, then yeah, you need to be eating most to all of your exercise calories, so 2400 calories a day.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Why so negative??
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You almost certainly need to be eating more than 1200 to fuel that much exercise.
    And depending on how much weight you have to lose then you might be better off setting your weight loss goal to 1 or 1/2 pound a week which gives you more net calories a day (net calories = eating your exercise calories).
  • ollybollysmommy
    ollybollysmommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options

i burn around 300 during one workout and another 300 for my second workout, or atleast thats what my heart rate monitor is reading.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

i burn around 300 during one workout and another 300 for my second workout, or atleast thats what my heart rate monitor is reading.

Your original post sound liked you were burning 600 in each work out, so 1200 a day. 600 total sounds more reasonable (although 1200 is not impossible). So yeah, try to eat 1800.
  • ollybollysmommy
    Options

Your original post sound liked you were burning 600 in each work out, so 1200 a day. 600 total sounds more reasonable (although 1200 is not impossible). So yeah, try to eat 1800.

oops sorry i was trying to say for both workouts i was burning about 600 in total, if that makes better sense?
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

Why In the world would you say that? 2 half-hour workouts in a day can easily burn 600-700 calories.

To the OP, as others have said, if you're not eating your exercise calories (1200+600 for a total of 1800 per day) then you need to start.
  • ollybollysmommy
    Options

Why In the world would you say that? 2 half-hour workouts in a day can easily burn 600-700 calories.

To the OP, as others have said, if you're not eating your exercise calories (1200+600 for a total of 1800 per day) then you need to start.

the way i wrote it threw people off, but thank you i will try doing that :)