Anyone having sucess with this diet?

Replies

• JoJoLatoya
    Options
    success!!!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Why are you dieting? This is about a change in lifestyle. You need to change your eating habits and be more active.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What is that diet about???
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Why are you dieting? This is about a change in lifestyle. You need to change your eating habits and be more active.

The question was who has had success with 17 day diet...not why doesn't somebody give me a lecture changing my eating habits and activity!!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I knew someone who did it. He said it really works but its not something he expected to stick with afterwards. Its been awhile since I talked to him so I don't know if he gained the weight back.
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    If u read the book u will see that it is about healthy eating.. The author breaks it down to 17 day cycles... Basically starting with just fruits, vegetables and low fat protein and slowly introducing healthy or starchy carbs and then leading up to maintaining lifestyle. I think it sounds great and would love to hear if anyone has had success too. Good luck.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I had success on it. Sure people will bash me for it not being a "lifestyle change" but for me, it was. (I did do it before MFP, by the way). It's an awesome guide to eating clean and watching carbs (which are my biggest problem) and I didn't feel deprived at all. Out of curiosity, I've logged some "average days" for me on the diet, and it fits into my nutrition goals really well.

I only did it for about a month (stopped in cycle 2) and lost 12 pounds. Yes I've kept it off, and since then, I've lost weight at a good rate logging my calories on here (now down just over 22 lbs). This was in May, it really helped me get started on my weight loss. I still follow the guidelines and, when I have a splurge day or hit a plateau, I follow a day or 2 of cycle 1 to get back on track!

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose to do :)
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Jo Jo, looks like there is a thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/347674-the-17-day-diet

Nice support for yah!!!
    :-)
  • ellenrose25
    Options
    Anyone having sucess with this diet?

my mom has been doing it and has had pretty good success so i hear. last i heard a few weeks ago was she was down 10 pounds on day 15 or so (mostly water weight though)
  • RunG2010
    Options
    I am in Cycle 3 day 10 (day 43 of the plan) and i have lost 25.8 pounds. If you read the book it clearly states this is a lifestyle and it does lead you to a maintenance phase. If you go back to eating like you were before you will gain.

Check out the thread mentioned earlier.