My weight loss may be killing my husband

Options
2»

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Plus their lines are shorter at events like football games an concerts. NOT FAIR
  • jensway
    jensway Posts: 33
    Options
    Oh geez! I wish my hubby would jump on the bandwagon!

I wish mine would too......he grumbles every time I cook a healthy meal.....but that isn't gonna stop me, lol
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    As a direct result of my healthier cooking my husband has lost 10lbs. The problem with that is that he only weighed 149 lbs to begin with. Now has a BMI of about 21. Just waisting away over there while I struggle with every pound. MEN! lol

In my experience building muscle is a lot harder than losing fat.

I would rather be in your position than your husband's. I guess he may be comfortable at 149lbs though...
  • thatTOPSlady
    Options
    I know! How frustrating!

I was starting a new TOPS chapter (take off pounds sensibly) and my hubby joined to help me have enough members for a charter. That was last November. He has lost like 50 pounds! He gets up 2 hours before work and goes to the gym. I can't just leave the house and go to the gym because I have kids at home. It's not fair!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I know! How frustrating!

I was starting a new TOPS chapter (take off pounds sensibly) and my hubby joined to help me have enough members for a charter. That was last November. He has lost like 50 pounds! He gets up 2 hours before work and goes to the gym. I can't just leave the house and go to the gym because I have kids at home. It's not fair!

didnt you say he was your husband? Those kids are half his right? so half those early mornings are yours.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I know! How frustrating!

didnt you say he was your husband? Those kids are half his right? so half those early mornings are yours.

True. It's not babysitting if they are your kids...
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    He has plenty to lose get him down to single digits on his body fat so you can see his abs ;)
    Did you mean kidneys?
  • christinaroxz
    Options
    Men do lose a lot easier.
    It's not fair!

That and they get to pee standing.

Problem solved ladies! :bigsmile:

5429339222_82466b951a.jpg
    GG.FUD by GoGirl.Pics, on Flickr
    Simply put, GoGirl is the way to stand up to crowded, disgusting, distant or non-existent bathrooms. It’s a female urination device (sometimes called a FUD) that allows you to urinate while standing up. It’s neat. It’s discreet. It’s hygienic.

GoGirl is easy to use. Just lower your panties, and put GoGirl against your body, forming a seal. Aim and, well, pee. Pretty simple, huh?
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Oh geez! I wish my hubby would jump on the bandwagon!

Haha! He just has to eat what I make. :) But he is way healthier than me and its kind of annoying. lol
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Not only can men pee standing up, but they also can cook for themselves.

Don't worry about what your guy is eating. He can feed himself. Unless he's a child, you don't have to worry about what he's eating or not eating.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am a man. The world is my urinal.

Remind me never to eat at your house. :sick:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's annoying... my husband only has to give up beer or eat salads for lunch for a week or so and you can tell the difference right away. And he can do pushups and chinups without even thinking about it.
    Dammit!
  • briannaghall
    Options
    Maybe you could get him into weight lifting so that while he's losing the fat, he's gaining muscle! Then you both feel great & bond at the gym (: