What type of veggies should I eat?

Options
Veggies I like:

Potatoes
Corn
Peas
Carrots
and that's pretty much it.

Is there anything else that you just love?

Replies

• briannaghall
    Options
    Celery is amazing(: &&When you dip the root in egg & breadcrumbs and then fry on a skillet it makes a great low fat replacement for a burger(:
  • angieisslim4ever
    Options
    spinach ,broccoli :love:
  • drdenise
    drdenise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh......sweet potatos.....make them into fries, or buy Alexia sweet potato fries. They can be seasoned with onion and garlic salt, cinnamon, chili powder to make them spicy, whatever you like. They are awesome, and low glycemic index.

Edamame.......wonderful stuff, nice protein for a veggie.

Sugar snap peas.......try them raw dipped in hummus.....my favorite is Athenos. They have roasted red pepper and a spicy pepper hummus to die for.

:)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Snow peas , capsicum, cauliflower, celery - all yummy raw and dipped into hommus.
    Zuccini, carrot - chopped fine or grated and mixed into pasta sauce, burgers etc.
    Mushrooms - pan fried with oil spray and chilli and a splash of wine. Yum!

If you aren't sure what else you like then look for something that is on special in your supermarket, buy a little bit of it, google a new recipe and try it. You might be surprised!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I like boiled brussel sprouts.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tomatos, although I just found out I'm allergic (I don't care though) mushrooms, peas fresh out of the garden and potatoes, radishes...I could go on for awhile:laugh:
  • chchchangess
    Options
    broccoli! beets! cabbage! cauliflower! zucchini! spaghetti squash! cherry tomatoes! sugar snap peas! green beas!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, fresh green beans, carrots, asparagus.

You should really eat all vegetables. The ones I listed are just the ones I like the most.
  • lunaephiliac
    Options
    Brussels sprouts! peel off the outer leaves, slice in half, panfry in a little butter. awesome.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Everyone likes different things! I'd suggest trying one veggie at a time - Google recipes and make the ones that sound yum... Experimenting with food is fun. And if you don't like it, maybe try it again later in a different recipe.

My favourites are carrot, onion, capsicum (or bell pepper), mushrooms, broccoli and snow peas in a stir fry. Add a little oyster sauce and a dash of honey. Yummo!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Onions and mushrooms! Amazing combo and they go with everything that I eat xD
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THEM!! Eat all the veggies!

As someone who loves to cook especially for others I have found that many times liking a vegetable is all in the preparation.
    Take asparagus for example had a roommate that "HATED" it was so animate about that he refused to eat it. I cooked a huge meal and made asparagus. I begged for him to try it just one bite off my plate so he didn't even have to commit to a whole peice. After much pleading and threatening to never cook again. He took a bite and then went back for 3 helpings.

All I did was not cook it to a pulp. Lightly steamed (taken off the heat as SOON as it turned bright green) and then tossed in olive oil, Italian seasoning and lemon pepper and quickly sautéed.

Same goes for brussel sprouts - broiled with garlic and spices and brushed with olive oil

Broccoli, cauliflower, spinach (wilted drizzles with a balsamic vinegar reduction)... The list goes on. Find delicious ways to cook them and it will change your life! :)
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Everything green.
    Artichoke, asparagus, bok choy, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, green onion, green peppers, kale, lettuce, mustar greens, okra, peas, rapini, spinach, sprouts, zucchini.

For low gi carbs I love squash and pumpkins now :) (I know they are fruit but well prepared as vegetables).
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    It is hard to find veggies that I don't like ;)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    All of them ;)

I like to try one new veg or fruit every other week. I don't always succeed, but I try.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    Maybe bell pepper, but love any other spicy pepper
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi , well those are good veggies. Are you bored or just want some new variety? Zuchini is great and lots of different ways to make it. UUmm cucumbers and squash and celery. Celery is really good for you and actually helps burn more cals cuz its harder to digest :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hope that helps some...