Juicing

Options
has anyone done a successful juice fast?

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try it but I knew I would end up binging.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Successful doing what? Losing weight? Because its really not necessary

anyone else think of steroids when they read the title? :laugh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I think steroids anytime I see someone talking about "juicing." :laugh:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Successful doing what? Losing weight? Because its really not necessary

anyone else think of steroids when they read the title? :laugh:
    me dang it....
  • arodzwife
    Options
    My cousin juices all the time and has lost alot of weight! She does 7 day juice fasts alot
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I want to do it next year. Its not good to do if you are prego or breastfeeding so I will have to wait.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I know someone that swears by juicing and it works well for her. She has a book and juices different fruits and veggies for different ailments, etc. She said it actually improved her eyesight and her arthritis. There has been cases when it has been credited with curing cancer. Ive never done it, but it sounds really interesting!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    after watching this movie

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Fat_Sick_Nearly_Dead/70173634?trkid=438403

I think I'd like to try it someday. Just for a week or a few days at a time.
  • picturesing
    Options
    I am...not doing a fast....just easying into it. But my nephew's GF did a 15 day "reboot" and did amazing. Here is a link to her blog.
    http://juicegirlreboot.blogspo​t.com/
    The first few days were yucky and blah....but I'm really liking it now!
  • SUgrad04
    Options

Interesting -- this JUST came up at work today; turns out I work with a few guys that are doing the juicing thing because they saw this movie, and they're all looking pretty good. One has lost about 80 pounds so far. I'm thinking of checking it out, although I am skeptical about using juice as a nutritional staple -- it seems that it would just be eliminating the dietary fiber and concentrating the calories.
  • jerzus
    Options

Interesting -- this JUST came up at work today; turns out I work with a few guys that are doing the juicing thing because they saw this movie, and they're all looking pretty good. One has lost about 80 pounds so far. I'm thinking of checking it out, although I am skeptical about using juice as a nutritional staple -- it seems that it would just be eliminating the dietary fiber and concentrating the calories.

I saw that documentary and the story of the truck driver inspired me to try it and I did it for 2 months, lost 50 pounds. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The first 2-3 days I wasn't feeling too great because my body was getting all the toxins out, but after that I really felt great, I had lots of energy and best of all, that time w/o eating solid food helped me train my taste buds. Before juicingIi would eat 0 veggies, now I eat more of them in my meals. I'm thinking of doing it again next month for 30 days.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Essentially it is. I think juicing diets seem to work because people lose water weight from drinking more fluids, and then if you're exclusively juicing I find it extremely unlikely that you'd be getting enough calories a day, which explains the feelings of sluggishness and the rapid weight loss results. I don't see it as a sustainable model done on it's own at all.
  • Robin1111
    Options
    Wow,I'm so excited to read all your thoughts! I have decided to try the juicing from oct 1 to oct 21.....um scarred but what the heck I should be Selkirk sustaining for awhile anyway at 245#! might as well give my vita mix whe work out it's meant for... I'm a 56 yr old hospice nurse,hope I got some guts left to do iy!
  • kvr28
    kvr28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 29 and 37 pounds down, I work out every day, my allergies cleared up, you got to make up your mind to do it and just do it. I check out the facebook page and people post, THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME! DAY 1 for me and going to try for 60!

and the next day, THIS SUCKS, I can't do it!

They failed twice in their statement, they are going to try and they set to far a lofty goal. When I started it, I said to myself, I'm going to do it for 5 days, and reevaluate from there, and that's what I've been doing every day since, good luck.
  • Robin1111
    Options
    Oh thank you! I'm gonna start tomorrow so days 2&3will be the weekend, Please tell me your " menu"
  • jerzus
    jerzus Posts: 8
    Options
    check thse recipes, I tried most them them out when I did my juice fast and they are pretty good.

http://jointhereboot.com/reboot-program/recipes/juice-recipes/