If I hear this one more time, I swear I'm going to pop!

Options

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Just sayin'

This makes me want to punt cute adorable puppies!!!! I've almost been tempted to reply " OH SHUT THE F%CK UP" to people on facebook when they post that... ughhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to hear someone say "ax" instead of "ask". Really!? Learn to enunciate! :explode:
    :heart:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    "no problem"
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    What about Ter-let!! Or is the linguist fairy going to catch me again?? ;p
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Misuse of the word "literally" pisses me off right quick. Such as "I literally ran, like a thousand miles!" No. No you didn't. You "figuratively" ran, like, a thousand miles. Damn it.
    You have me giggling uncontrollably. I can barely type!
    How about someone talking about making a major change... "I totally did a 360*" so..... You spun around in a little circle and went back to whatever it was you were doing??? Congrats??

Also "loose" instead of "lose." Just....... Bah!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    "to be honest", I usually interrupt and say "well I'd rather you were".

GG
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Yeah! I sort of wonder, have they been lying up until now?
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My nails on a chalkboard saying is "it is what it is"! UGH! STOP IT!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Misuse of the word "literally" pisses me off right quick. Such as "I literally ran, like a thousand miles!" No. No you didn't. You "figuratively" ran, like, a thousand miles. Damn it.
    Have you heard David Cross's stand-up routine about this?

David Cross - Literally - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM

(curse words warning)
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    [How about someone talking about making a major change... "I totally did a 360*" so..... You spun around in a little circle and went back to whatever it was you were doing??? Congrats??

THIS!!! makes me snort laugh any time someone says it!
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    [How about someone talking about making a major change... "I totally did a 360*" so..... You spun around in a little circle and went back to whatever it was you were doing??? Congrats??

THIS!!! makes me snort laugh any time someone says it!

Hilarious! Mine are irregardless, wtf does that mean?? Or, I could care less. you could? then do...
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Irregardless.......HATE this one!

Ahh that drives me nuts! My mom still says it all of the time and we get in arguments over it. I don't care if that ever used to be correct, I was taught in grammar school that it is not!!! :laugh:

Just saw this, I admit I didn't read all the way through... irregardless... :laugh:
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When people say 'I could care less.' I refuse to explain the reason it's wrong anymore. Just think about it people.

Last time I said that, I actually stopped and thought about it. And then I was confused. Lol.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    "See my thing is..."

Can't stand this.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Irregardless.......HATE this one!

Me too! I just had a little spaz attack just reading it. Lol. Also, my sister would pronounce perfect without the t. "Oh, that's just perfec." Gahhh!

Also, using there, their and they're interchangeably. No! Bad!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty new one around here but as a high school teacher it makes me itchy. When the kids are confused...a constant state when you refuse to listen to what is being said they exclain "wait....what?"
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    :happy: 'At the end of the day...' and 'literally', and 'like' really annoy me.

Oh and when someone says'I'm a glass half empty person...' you can't get a half empty glass, you get an empty one or half filled or full.

And mostly any nonsense slang I hear children speaking, minted, beasting, thats well beast etc
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

this. and words like 'epic' or 'epic fail.' I remember when someone first said it to me - he was an intern and made me feel really old. He referred to my misspelling something as an "epic fail." I always thought that epic was a long narrative poem, something majestic, or something of unusually great size... so wtf is an epic fail?? :grumble:
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Can't stand:

"Each and every"
    "Conversate" Not a word, never was.
    "Nuke-you-lar war" even if it's from George W. Bush
    Double prepositions, like "off of"
    "Not for nothin'"
    Generally bad grammar like "We don't got none."
    Please don't "ax" me anything, because it hurts when you ax me.
  • cantjustcant
    Options

this. and words like 'epic' or 'epic fail.' I remember when someone first said it to me - he was an intern and made me feel really old. He referred to my misspelling something as an "epic fail." I always thought that epic was a long narrative poem, something majestic, or something of unusually great size... so wtf is an epic fail?? :grumble:

summer of 2010 my 9 year old son said epic fail like it was punctuation. He also said pone which all the rest of started combining into epic pone fail or pone fail epic or any combination of the words....he got over it within a month!