Bokwa

Options
I'm in UK and just seen a clip of bokwa on you tube. Just wondered if any of you guys have tried it. It looks great fun.

Replies

• nuttytart770223
    nuttytart770223 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did my first Bokwa class on Sat morning, it was great fun and I found it easier to follow than Zumba.
    After 45 mins I was sweating and had burnt off 600 calories............so all good
    I have booked again for this week!
    Anna
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    I really hope we get it up this area soon, it looks really good.
  • chelle098
    Options
    ive just started doing bokwa and absolutely love it......its great fun like zumba so the time fly's by but its a really good workout, come out every time hot, sweating and knackered....defiantly recommend you give it a go :-)
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    Is Bokwa any good for someone who has slow reactions?! It looks really fun but not sure i could keep up!
  • Chansouth
    Options
    I do both Zumba and Bokwa and love both of them........ I do 2-3 classes a week for zumba and 1 bokwa class.

I have done quite a few classes of Bokwa and when I first started I wss quite slow but after a while you will just pick it up naturally. I got my friend to go who has no co ordination and was really afraid. She loved it and said she foumd it easier then zumba to do as the steps are easier to follow. Plus the teascher we have is really good, if she can see that your not picking up the steps she will give you one on one attention to help you.

Give it a try and see, you never know it mght be for you.
  • sarahb1671
    Options
    I've been doing bokwa since mid June, I absolutely love it, I've introduced other friends of mixed abilities to it and they all really enjoy it even the ones with 2 left feet !! I've lost 3st 3lb & I'm only 7lb off my target weight now ( maybe less its weigh day tomorrow) which I couldn't have done without "my fitness pal" & bokwa, it's incredibly good for the cardiovascular system & can burn off up to 1200 cals per 60 min class , as some of the others have mentioned it takes a couple of classes for the steps to start sinking in but once they click there'll be no stopping you , enjoy !!!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Ive tried it twice. I am a Zumba chick and consider myself quite good at it. Bokwa baffles me and i find it so hard to follow
  • Sonpap63
    Options
    I've been doing Bokwa since July. I was very unfit & uncoordinated but after a few weeks & lots of giggles I can now remember most of the steps and am now learning some level 2 steps. I have broken thru the sweat barrier and now sweat freely for most of the class. I was never able to sweat much before & gave up on exercise very quickly.
    I've only just registered for my fitness and I think I've already lost some cm's thru Bokwa.