1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 onion, chopped
    3 cups low-sodium turkey or chicken broth
    2 ears corn, husked
    1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

1. Combine the ancho peppers, garlic, paprika, cumin, clove, black pepper, salt and 1/2 cup of the tomatoes in a food processor. Set aside.
    2. In a large skillet or soup pot, heat the olive oil over high heat.

3. Add the turkey and brown it, while breaking the meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon.

4. Add the onion, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add the ancho chili mixture and cook for 5 more minutes.

5. Add the remaining tomatoes and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.

6. Meanwhile, roast the ears of corn under a hot broiler until the corn is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let the corn cool and cut the kernals from the cob.

7. Add the corn and beans to the turkey mixture, heat thoroughly and serve.

Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups

Number of Servings: 6
    Per Serving
    Calories 177 Carbohydrate 13 g
    Fat 4 g Fiber 4 g
    Protein 21 g Saturated Fat 1 g
    Sodium 488 mg
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    cran/BBQ meatballs
    cranberry sauce and BBq sauce mixed together to taste pour over turkey meatballs....very yummy
    This is a crock pot recipe originally, but I make it in a sauce pan as well.:drinker:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I make these burgers all the time and love them.
    I spread on some Laughing Cow cheese and I'm set.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1297-actually-delicious-turkey-burgers?hl=turkey+burgers#posts-6454

You can also type ground turkey in the search bar that is on the message boards page.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Thank you! Amazingly, this was the first time I ever bought ground turkey (but one get one free)....sad but true. So I can not wait to try these recipes.

Melissa
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I put it in anything I would normally use ground beef...spaghetti, enchiladas, burritos, etc.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I make burgers with half ground turkey and half lean ground beef & freeze them for later. I put in bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, an egg, and this dehydrated vegetable seasoning.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    If you are still looking I have a Taco salad that is really yummy - see below.. Janie

1/2 pound ground turkey
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 - 15 oz can of dark red kidney beans, drained
    3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn
    1 8-oz jar taco sauce
    1 tbsp chili powder (or more if daring)
    1 small head lettuce torn into pieces (about 8 cups)
    2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
    1 large green sweet pepper chopped (3/4 cup)
    3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (3 oz)
    4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)

Tortilla cups
    Lightly brush six 9- or 10-inch flour tortillas with a small amount of water, or spray nonstick spray coating on one side of each tortilla. Spray nonstick coating over inside of six small oven-safe bowls or 16-oz individual casseroles. Press tortillas, coated side up, into casseroles. Place a ball of foil in each tortilla cup to help hold its shape. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 9 minutes or until light brown. Remove foil. Cool; remove tortilla cups from bowls or casseroles. If desired, cups can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

Tomatillo Guacamole
    Rinse, drain, and finely chop 4 canned tomatillos (1/3 cups). Combine tomatillos, 1/2 of a small seeded, peeled, and chopped avocado (1/2 cup), 2 tablespoons canned, chopped green chili peppers, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt in a small mixing bowl. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Makes about 3/4 cup.
    Tomatillo Guacamole

Cook ground turkey and garlic in a medium skillet until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in kidney beans, corn, taco sauce, and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cheese, and green onion in a large bowl. To serve, divide lettuce mixture amoung Tortilla Cups. Top each with some of the meat mixture. Top with Tomatillo Guacamole.

Makes 6 main-dish servings.

Calories: 361
    Total fat: 13 g; sat fat: 4 g
    Cholesterol: 41 mg
    sodium: 479 mg
    carb: 44 g
    fiber: 8 g
    protein: 24 g

Enjoy. Janie
  • conny1967
    Options
    Here is one that is quick and very easy to make. Turkey burgers, mix in a couple of egg whites, some bread crumbs and then some salsa. Mix thoroughly and grill. Makes a delicious burger and no need to add any condiments, the salsa gives the burger a zesty bite. Enjoy.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I plan on making a meatloaf for dinner using ground turkey.

I use ground turkey in anything that calls for ground beef, and the family can't tell the difference!:laugh:
  • sinclairel
    Options
    I make turkey burgers using a packet of dry onion soup mix and 2 egg whites. Yummy and juicy. :love: