Hello

Options
Hello my name is Lizzie and I reside in Fort Worth, Texas I'm 28 yrs old and very overweight my goal is to loose 20 lbs. then after reaching this goal I will move on in loosing another 20 lbs. I would rather stay on this goal that way it will be easier for me to reach.
I have tried dieting before and it is so hard to maintain or sometimes I just regain it back.
Now is time to get serious and to get my life healthier again.
I got enrolled in a gym close to my house and I'm just loving it.. I love the environment there and I feel so relax when I come out of exercising.
So far I have lost a total of 8lbs <<< Which might sound dull but I'm very proud of because I've been working and sweating my butt off jajaja lol
But anyway something I would like to share that impacted me is; Being overweight is a huge problem here in the United States. All the commodity and fast food places makes us the #1 country in overweight. I work in a hospital and a few weeks ago I saw a young 20-year old girl with heart problems :heart: . Now I'm 28 yrs old who tells me that I'll be free of having any heart problems, diabetes, high cholesterol or any other disease that may be related to being overweight. Its time for me to get my butt off the couch and start being more responsible with my health. This type of diseases are not a joke and we should live life as healthy as we can! << So lets see... I'll be taking a pic of myself and hopefully you'll stay around to see how much I have challenge my overweight problem. Wanna encourage me?? I will be delighted to hear from you and your challenging stories or simply lets start together and see who is the biggest looser jajja lol I can't wait see you :tongue:

Replies

• LIZZIE218
    LIZZIE218 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello my name is Lizzie and I reside in Fort Worth, Texas I'm 28 yrs old and very overweight my goal is to loose 20 lbs. then after reaching this goal I will move on in loosing another 20 lbs. I would rather stay on this goal that way it will be easier for me to reach.
    I have tried dieting before and it is so hard to maintain or sometimes I just regain it back.
    Now is time to get serious and to get my life healthier again.
    I got enrolled in a gym close to my house and I'm just loving it.. I love the environment there and I feel so relax when I come out of exercising.
    So far I have lost a total of 8lbs <<< Which might sound dull but I'm very proud of because I've been working and sweating my butt off jajaja lol
    But anyway something I would like to share that impacted me is; Being overweight is a huge problem here in the United States. All the commodity and fast food places makes us the #1 country in overweight. I work in a hospital and a few weeks ago I saw a young 20-year old girl with heart problems :heart: . Now I'm 28 yrs old who tells me that I'll be free of having any heart problems, diabetes, high cholesterol or any other disease that may be related to being overweight. Its time for me to get my butt off the couch and start being more responsible with my health. This type of diseases are not a joke and we should live life as healthy as we can! << So lets see... I'll be taking a pic of myself and hopefully you'll stay around to see how much I have challenge my overweight problem. Wanna encourage me?? I will be delighted to hear from you and your challenging stories or simply lets start together and see who is the biggest looser jajja lol I can't wait see you :tongue:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    WELCOME LIZZIE!! There are many big losers on this site and I know you will be too!!:flowerforyou:
  • LIZZIE218
    LIZZIE218 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank u 4 welcoming me.. I'm new to the site and it seems that I will be loving it a lot thank you again :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • TexasLaneys
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's great that you have realized you need to make a change in lifestyle at 28. I waited untill I was 52....Can you say Hard Headed :smile: Congrats on the first 8 lbs. Your first 20 will be reached before you know it.