Tired after losing weight

Options
History - lost about 17 kg, almost at goal now. Work hard several times a week including weights. The old me used to get lethargic, but I know why, I just wasnt eating the right things.

In the past 6-8 weeks Ive started getting tired again, both sleepy tired and muscle tired, so Im generally knackered some of the time.

Is my body trying to get used to the slimmer me? Am I trying too hard to eat properly and maybe not getting all my nutrients (unlikely),or am I working out too hard? I know Im finding it hard to get enough Protein despite my efforts as a veggie to eat some key foods.

Something just tells me that when I hit about 62 kg (16 kg loss) I started getting tired. A little thing in the back of my head says theres something wrong...?

Thoughts?

Replies

• SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I have noticed in my weight loss that if I don't have a multivitamin every day I get exhausted which I never did before dieting. You may be missing Vitamin B12 or some other vitamin. I know we are all eating healthy calories, but it is still less than what we need. If you aren't already try multi-vitamin to see if that helps. Great job with your weight loss.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good point about the vits. Always prefered getting vits from food, but I guess I might not be?
  • kittynat
    kittynat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body - if you are feeling tired, perhaps just have a week off the exercise and give yourself time to recover.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 84kg to 63kg in 5 months. I was eating healthy, maybe too little for the work I was doing. P90X and extra exercises in the morning. Started to get dizzy, had problems sleeping, low libido, was getting sore too fast too soon and too tired to do decent workouts more then 2 times a week, lost strength and was constantly hungry.
    Stopped all my exercises for a week and ate till i was full 3 meals a day for 5 days adding all the snacks I wanted, took afternoon naps and ate food high in iron.
    Started my new workout in a gym, full body 3 times a week for 2 hours per session, feeling energized and good again.

Do a blood test and see whats wrong.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    Options
    had problems sleeping, low libido,

Like your point about not sleeping. Now Im not one for having trouble sleeping :bigsmile: but I have a little bit just lately. Thanks for your points.

PS Libido not a problem hehe
  • SarahxCheesecake
    Options
    <<<< PS Does any one like my new beamer?
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

No
  • SarahxCheesecake
    Options

No

Ill pull your pants down...
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The tired could be from a variety of things. It also could be a combination of the following:

-Not getting 8 hrs of sleep/night

-Not getting enough daylight/sunlight (this can have to do with your vitamin D, and if you are vitamin D deprived this will show in a blood test). With the seasons changing it's harder to get in that 1/2 hour of daylight hitting your skin each day. Vitamin D from the sun is used differently in the body when compared to supplements.

-Hormones/body changes. Our bodies have a hormonal shift every 7 years or so. Also, for women as we age (30s-40s) we start to experience muscle and bone loss. The only way to combat this is by doing weight bearing exercise (which you are doing).

-Not alternating your weight-lifting. Experts recommend alternating muscle groups to allow your muscles a chance to heal properly. You also don't want to do the same particular workout two days in a row.

-Make sure you eat every 2-3 hours. Keep your diet clean and eat as few processed foods as possible. This can be a huge energy suck.

-Steer clear of what I call 'Energy Vampires'. Those are the people at work or in your personal life that zap your energy. Those are the relationships that are more give than take and can be mentally exhausting.