Is there a program similar to this??

I need to get better at spreading my calories through the day! Its not that I eat a lot... its more the choices I have been making for my meals... so I was thinking about doing something like 200 cal for breakfast, 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner. That leaves me with a 100 calorie snack. It would be much easier to exercise off extra calories if I have a plan. So my question is... before I start designing a plan, does anyone know if there is already a plan somewhere similar to this? Thanks!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    It might be easier to plan your exercise first and then you know how many calories you have to work with. Just a suggestion.
  • alli has a meal plan with their diet system that is like that. I don't use it, but log into their website myalli.com
  • chocoholicandbaby
    chocoholicandbaby Posts: 75 Member
    If you do a google search for 1200 calorie meal plan (or any number of calories) several meal plans come up
  • Sumone shared this on MFP and i think it is great. Have a look. :smile:

"Came across her meal plan and thought I would share. It has recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. Snacks are about 200 calories and the other three meals range from 250-400ish calories. "

http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf
  • It'd be easier to stick to if you reversed those meals. The 500 for breakfast, 400 for lunch and 200 for dinner. There's an old saying that works wonders: Eat breakfast like a KING, eat lunch like a PRINCE and eat dinner like a peasant.
    It works.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I put in my meals for the day, along with snacks, every morning so that I can see my plan for the day (including an estimation of what calories I'll burn for the day). While I do exercise to eat to an extent, it's more of a "I eat because I exercise" frame of mind.
  • There is an old saying

Breakfast like a King
    Lunch like a Prince
    and Dinner like a Pauper.

i.e. give yourself more calories in the early part of the day when your about to be up and working and less when your closer to sleep.
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    I was going to say the same thing as slick racer. Put more calories at the beginning of they day! And if you are not a breakfast person split it into 2 parts, like a quick something out the door plus a snack midmorning. You need more fuel at the start of the day than at the end, and if you are hungry all day you will over eat later.

Some people even eat "dinner" foods for breakfast. I admit to sometimes eating dinner leftovers for breakfast on the weekends :)
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    My experience has been that I have more willpower in the morning, so I have a 150-cal drink about 8-10ish, then a light lunch and supper. (350-400 cal) and maybe a snack or two of 100cal. It works wonderful, cause my willpower to endure temptation and hunger are so low in the evning. By the way - after being pretty faithful onhere for a long time, and barely losing anything - this way of eating has allowed me to start dropping weight easily and quickly. I am sure the 'eat like a Prince' thing is good advice - just too hard for me to actually stick with, ya know? Just my .02 for what its worth. ;)
  • Thank you to those who answered my question!! I prefer to keep the calories for the meals the same... Going backwards just doesn't work for me! I just needed some good meal ideas for the calorie range. So again thank you to those who directed me towards site with that info!