Need help!!

Options
Hi Guys,

I need help and ideas on how to motivate myself again. I recently lost my grandma and had the funeral a week ago. I have lost all motivation to start to lose weight again.

I have lost 20 pounds so far but have lost nothing over the last 3 weeks. I know she would want me to be successful in losing the weight but I am really stuggling to start again as I have got back into the habit of eating rubbish again.

any advice would be really helpful

Thanks
Danielle

Replies

• Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have you grieved for you Grandmother?
  • alaskan_blue
    Options
    I find that watching documentaries about nutrition/health/weight loss on Netflix helps to motivate me.
  • danidav88
    Options
    I don't think I have properly. Just feel angry that she was only 66 when it happened and that I will never see her again. But ive got to be stong and sort this weight out for good.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think I can speak for many grandmas here. I hope she knew that you were working toward a healthier lifestyle, because I know that it would haveat a minimum delighted her on your behalf. In the continuum of life of the family, the health and welare of our grandchildren ranks near to the top of our priority list. I would try to honor her by honoring your health.
  • browngirl74
    Options
    Hi,
    My mum died suddenly 4 weeks ago and I have also been struggling to continue. My mum and I were doing this together so i know in my heart that she wouldnt want me to undo all the good work i have done so far. Its not easy to keep on track when your head is in such a mess. For the moment I take it day by day with my diet, some days am good, others not so much :( I still log everything down tho and try not to beat myself up too much on the days which i'm not so good. Don't be so hard on yourself, it's a difficult time for you at the moment and you just need to focus on yourself and your feelings whilst everything is so raw. I find that if i take myself off for a walk I get time to think and also earn extra calories for when i cant be bothered and reach for the chocolate. You will come through it hon and my heart goes out to you.
    Big hugs xx