Body Changes From Working Out

Options
Has anyone noticed that after working out for a few days or weeks that your body seems jiggly. I read an article that stated that was a good sign because the fat was breaking down and it would be easier for muscle mass to develop. I'm not sure how true this is but it sounded good. I'm not obese but whenever I start a workout regimen my trouble areas seem loose and jiggly. If anyone has input, please let me know, especially about your personal experiences. Thanks in advance!!! :smile:

Replies

• daves160
    Options
    I have experienced the same thing. My fat ares seem to be getting softer/ squishier. Happily, they are getting smaller too!

Can't wait till they are gone.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/daves160
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that today when I was walking... figured it's just because I'm fat. Hmmm...
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    interesting, never heard of this would like to hear more
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that today when I was walking... figured it's just because I'm fat. Hmmm...

Lol same here....Mine is always jiggly!
  • undermajorconstruction
    Options
    I've noticed this too!!!!!! I hope that what you've read is true!:happy: I'd like to see what others have to say as well!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    If you're more "jiggly" it's because fat cells are shrinking. But the more jiggle, the higher chance for loose skin.
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    I've been really googling this because it is bothering me & I found this:

There is a huge difference between the types of fat and it eventually could be a difference between life and death for many people. This is the difference. "Soft" fat is subcutaneous fat or fat that is just below the surface of the skin. If your going to have layer of fat, this is the one you want. For women, this is also considered to cause the dreaded cellulite. This fat, although no fat is really good, is the best kind to have. On the other hand, "hard" fat is referred to as visceral fat and is considered to be an indicator of possble heart disease and stroke later on down the road. This is the kind of fat that men get during their middle age and is often referred to as a beer belly. Ever seen a guy who is skinny until you see his protruding "beer" belly. The best thing you could do is convince him to lose weight because this is putting a huge strain on the heart. You are much better off having "jiggly" fat, then having that rock hard "fat" belly. The good news is that it is relatively easy to lose visceral fat and normally when a person loses a good deal of weight 20-30 pounds, you can almost be certain that they reduced the visceral fat by up to 85 percent (mens health magazine).

Best of luck,
    Jeff
    Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD.)
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    I also found this as well, I hope this is helpful:
    Here's what's going on. Fat is stored in several places, within the muscle as intramuscular fat (which is why pork is "the other white meat"), around the organs as "visceral fat", and under the skin as "subcutaneous fat". If you're inactive as you get older, the fat starts depositing in the muscles first - the muscle tissue gets "marbelized". After the intramuscular stores are full, the fat spills over to subcutaneous stores, which are more noticeable. Well, now take that process in reverse. Exercise (and specifically interval training and progressive weight training) tends to draw significantly from the intramuscular stores early on, so instead of seeing a major change in the mirror, you may instead feel your muscles getting firmer and less "mushy". That's a good sign. Don't give up! The subcutaneous fat loss becomes more evident once the intramuscular stores are whittled down a bit.
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    what type of workouts are you doing?
  • Lesah0808
    Options
    what type of workouts are you doing?

Currently I am completing the 30 Day Shred and I'm on Day 8 Level 2. My biggest problem is beinb patient and consistent. In the past if I didn't see results in a few weeks, I'd quit but I'm trying to persevere. My problem area is my stomach.
  • jonniemarie1
    Options
    most of the issue with stomach is your nutrition... so if you're working out and still have a problem with your stomach, it's most likely your nutrition. And if you are eating clean, and low carbohydrates, you should see a decrease in your stomach eventually
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    most of the issue with stomach is your nutrition... so if you're working out and still have a problem with your stomach, it's most likely your nutrition. And if you are eating clean, and low carbohydrates, you should see a decrease in your stomach eventually
    Disagree. When I used to compete (as a natural) it was more about eating low carb. I ate fatty meats and frozen and canned veggies and still got ripped for contests.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Glad you posted this. i never knew this and now things are starting to make sense...lol
  • jonniemarie1
    Options
    well yeah thats what i was saying...low carb...lol