Just Joined and Excited

Options
TeeA86
TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
Hello everyone. I wasn't planning on posting to this, then I started reading some of the posts and realized I need to be apart of this "backbone" as most of my friends are naturally slim and don't understand my struggle. I downloaded this on my phone yesterday and I'm excited to see how I do with this program. I am just about 197 lbs and looking to be about 160. I have always carried extra weight around but last year I was about 185. I realized that if I didn't get a hold of my eating habits I was gonna be 300 lbs by 35 years old (10 years from now). I have been addicted to Dr. Pepper for the last 5 years, drinking about 1500 calories alone each day, never drinking water. I havent had one in 2 weeks and my cravings have gone away. I also realized I was destroying my childs health too, putting my terrible eating habits on her. I usually fry EVERYTHING! No more of that. We have swtiched to wheat bread and brown rice, baking our food, eating fresh veggies, and drinking water and juice. Louisiana has an obesity rate of 67%. I don't want me or my family to be in that percentage rate. Sorry I am rambling. Lol. Look foward to losing this weight!

Thanks,
Tiffany

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • dmtaylor827
    Options
    Welcome Tiffany! This is my second week back (I fell off that wagon for a few months) and I love the motivation and the food log. It keeps me accountable for what I eat and for whether or not I'm losing weight. Best of luck!
  • TeeA86
    Options
    Thank you!
  • strawberryshortbread
    Options
    Welcome, I'm excited for you!!

Sounds like getting all the veggies in, drinking water and assessing the the way you cook food you are on the right track!! Well done.

Good luck to you and keep up tyhe good work and remember no matter how bad a day you have had log it all and keep going :)
  • TeeA86
    Options
    It does keep you accountable. I love it! I make sure to add everything.
  • TeeA86
    Options
    Thank you Strawberry! I will definately do that.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good for you!!! Kudos to you for doing what is good for your child! Alabama has a huge obesity problem. I occasionally drive past the local middle school and see the children outside. Many of them are very obese and my heart aches for them. As one who struggled with weight her entire life I know what they are facing. Good luck!
  • TeeA86
    Options
    @lyn Thank you. My momma is from Summerdale. Her mom and grandma were extremely obese, my grandma in her old age suffers with bad diabetes and still eats things she isn't supposed to. Thank you for the support.
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    Hello and welcome...sounds like you are on the right track so far.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. When I started on this journey, I was a huge fan and maybe a bitt addicted to pop such as coke and spirit....haven't had either in awhile, and don't really miss it at all any more.....
  • TeeA86
    Options
    Thank you Reb!
  • c4chaos610
    c4chaos610 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany,
    I just joined too. Hoping to lose about 70 lbs. It's going to take a lot of work, but I'm going to try to stay positive.
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • TeeA86
    Options
    Hello c4. Thanks. Hopefully we both reach our goal. I am already loving this site/app. Good luck.