help!!

Options
hello, im a little confused im calorie counting, does this mean i look at the fat content too?? also is having a packet of crisps or chocolate bar OK if your using your calories for that day.or is it best to stay clear of any fat foods? or can you use your daily calories on goodies now and then? will i still loose the same weight if i stay in the correct amount of calories for that day.?

Replies

• Maple669
    Options
    It's easier to stay under your calorie budget if you eat healthy foods....less dense...less calories....but i like to save at least 100 calories for the end of the day for some frozen yogurt for dessert =)
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I would try to stay under for calories, fat, carbs etc.. I always go over in fiber and protein but that's good IMO.
  • JuliePete
    Options
    I know that some fat in your diet is necessary for you to lose weight. You choose where that fat comes in.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you want to get the most from your calories you should eat healthy foods.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    If you preplan your meals ahead and allow a small 'bank' left after the day is done, there is no reason why you cant treat yourself to some chocolate...

I allow myself a beer once or twice per week, at the end of the day....

Or, I make a wine-spritzer with white zinfandel with soda water (0's down the NI, no sodium), fresh slice of lime and lemon - my end of the night treat...

I dont have more than three alcoholic drinks per week otherwise I do see the impact it makes on my progress....

So.. yeah, live a little.. everything in moderation, right?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    If you count calories strictly, it doesn't matter much what you eat when it comes to weight loss (health is another story). Eating more fiber, vegetables, protein and all that can make you feel fuller so it's easier to maintain your calories restriction, but really, you should adopt the diet that works best for you while staying under your calories goal.
  • caroline1685
    caroline1685 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the comments very helpful, so i can enjoy it once in a while yay!! lol

have a lovely evening and good luck to you all.

take care caroline x
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    1. first of all, its the sugar content that you should be looking out for when it comes to chocolate and crisps and that stuff. fat content is totally different and dietary fat can be a very healthy addition to your menu.

2. I think that creating a caloric deficit is most important...whatever foods you eat to create the deficit. However, I think that you will get better results if you limit the processed food.

3. saying all of this, its important to eat things you love from time to time....but to do so in moderation.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I allow myself some kind of treat everyday. Oreos, chocolate, ice cream, SOMETHING! I find that if I do not, I will binge at some point and ruin all of the hard work I've done. I stay within my allowed calories MFP has assigned me. Have made wonderful progress so far :happy:
  • caroline1685
    caroline1685 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    thank you for all you help, its all about in moderation.
    thank you to you all and hope you all reach your goals.
    caroline