Inner thigh exercises????

Options
I need some ideas for my flabby inner thighs, any advice????

Replies

• ronkswife2000
    Options
    I need some ideas for my flabby inner thighs, any advice????
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    lunge lots and lots of lunges

squats are also the best over all leg exercise
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Closed leg squats for inner thighs and wide stance squats for outer thighs???
    lunge lots and lots of lunges

squats are also the best over all leg exercise
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    wide leg plies (sp, sorry, i'm not into ballet except for this lovely move)....do 20, pulse 20, rest 30 sec and repeat

exercise balls are great, put them between your knees or ankles depending on how deep the muscles are you want to work and pulse

i'd make sure your stretch those muscles really well, you don't want them getting hypertonic and risking a tear, maybe to equal amts of outer thigh exercises to balance your legs out?

you'll get there...i hate my inner thighs too....:tongue:
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    This is a good question. I'm struggling with inner thighs, too. So your're not alone! :)

I do a zillion lunges a day (forward, side, walking, and some jumping ones) and my butt is starting to look good, but it's not doing jack for my thigh issue. I think I'll have to try the squats or break out my seriously old Claudia Schiffer "legs" video tape (yes, it's VHS, it's THAT old, LOL).

I will give the plies a try. Thanks.
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, Ab abductor machine works inner and outter.hope that helps.:happy:
  • ilp1970
    ilp1970 Posts: 2
    Options
    Single leg squats are great for thighs overall. This article (despite appearing in Mens' Health, the exercise is great for ladies) gives some intro exercises to build up to being able to do 1-2 or more single leg squats.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=muscle.building&topic=legs&conitem=9e0766766eafe010VgnVCM20000012281eac____

Other than this, this cardio routine works well for me for thighs and bum overall:
    Warm up 3-5 mins
    3-6 intervals (1 mins max intensity, 2 min moderate intensity);
    5 mins low intensity
    20 mins medium intensity run
    Cool down

Aparently the succession of high intensity intervals, low intensity break and steady cardio works to burn off calories, release fat into the blood stream and steady state cardio then helps to burn them off. Without the steady state cardio (20 mins of medium intensity) the fat gets redeposited.
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. I will be sure to start them and let ya'll know how it goes. If you find out anymore inner thigh exercises give me a shout!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Suzanne Sommers ThighMaster? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In my strength length and tone class, we used resistance bands... lay on our backs, bands under us, our feet through the handles. Legs straight up, open then close, open then close. Not enough resistance? Just grab onto the band and pull down a little with your hands. Trust me... DH and I couldn't have "relations" for a few days, because my inner thighs hurt so bad!