Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon - Feb 26, 2012

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
okay people....i need to register for the disney princess 1/2 marathon in feb 2012 and i have been putting it off for over 3 months...i missed the first two price break deadlines and now i am at the point where i am just going to have to pay the $150 to register...the money isnt the problem, i just havent done it yet.....i want to do it...i have a friend who signed up already with a friend of hers and we are planning on doing it all together for "fun" versus personal best times (she is a "better" runner than me) so i shouldnt be afraid of not being able to keep up....sooooo then why havent i registered yet....my friend and my sister have "ENCOURAGED" me strongly to just do it....i completed the disney 1/2 in january 2010 and i am more fit and weigh about 50lbs less than when i did the last one.....

so today i am setting a goal TO JUST DO IT .....i'm going to call my husband in a bit and remind him of the disney weekend we'll have to plan around the race day but that is fine since we live in florida and will be buying annual passes for florida residents shortly in order to go at christmas time anyway....i'm posting here so that you wonderfully amazingly awesome people keep me to my word......make sure before the end of today i have registered for this great experience.....

then i'll have to decide what princess i'm going to be....my friend found a website that sells the sparkly running skirt/shorts to add to the other parts of our costumes....i think i'll get my 4 yr old daughter's opinion on who i should be....that way it will be something we do together so to speak...she can help me put it all together and when she sees me cross the finish line she will have been a part of it all along.....

sooooooo, stay on me people.....make sure i register TODAY!!!!!

PS...I JUST TOLD MY BOSS SO HE WOULD HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE AND HE SAID HE'D PAY FOR IT....LOL...SO NOW I HAVE A "SPONSOR" LOL....

Replies

• KMSForLife
    Options
    It's been 9 minutes - did you do it yet? :)

Good luck to you - sounds fun!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you.
    And how awesome is it that your boss has sponsored you!?! You have a great boss. Really, you do. I wish I had that. Heck, I wish I had coworkers. lol

I so want to do the Princess Half, since we only live an hour away. But for me, it is the money. And the lack of support to spend that kind of money. And the fear of the unknown. And never having done a half before. And...

Well, anyway, good luck to you! I know you will do great. I am glad you did not put it off any longer. I am doing the same thing for the Warrior Dash. I can not get anybody to commit to do it with me, so I keep putting it off and missing the discounts. lol
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    That's awesome! I've wanted to do that one too (just in Cali instead). Good luck! You will be great!
  • jasncharon
    Options
    I was actually looking at registering for the Princess 5K today. I have only just started trying to run .... jog actually and am at 1.5 miles right now, so I think that's a reasonable goal. I will have to think a little more about it, my husband will be deployed and I will have all 4 kids to contend with, at least two of them are teens :)

I am thinking I will get my husband to do the Disney Half with me next year if he isn't deployed.