Anybody else play any sport?

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
I play co-ed volleyball and all women's soccer... although I did take this season off of soccer because I was going to be out of town and miss half the season. :cry: But I love it.. I love the pace of the game (chaotic) and I love the aggression of soccer.

I am VERY competitive. I can get down and dirty and I hate losing. Last night, we had 2 v-ball games back to back and I whooped some butt but we still lost. :sad:

So anybody else play sports???

Replies

• easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I play co-ed and womens' soccer, plus coach pee-wee soccer. I also race mountain bikes. I really love to play whatever sports I can get my hands on (or feet). :laugh:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I used to play every sport possible back in school and really miss that in my adult years! The only sports I play now are occasionally with my son or a family get together game of volleyball or something.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do darts and cornholing count?
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I play tennis...but I'll play/attempt to play any sport! But I do get pretty competitive even in "just for fun" games...which is probably why singles tennis worked for me. There was no one to beat up except myself!...well outside of my opponent ;)
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Currently, my only "sport" is commuting to work on my bike. However, one of my goals is to get back into soccer, as I've played it for more than 12 years, and I love the constant action.

I'm slowly expanding my biking to longer rides, and increasing my pace. I also hike/camp/backpack occasionally.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i stopped playing basketball after i ruptured my achilles tendon about a year ago............... but i do miss it.
  • melholden10
    Options
    I love sport am a little obsessive I play rugby for two teams and train with a third so do it pretty much every day. I'm so competitive and aggresive so its a great sport for me. I also run alot got addicted to that aswell running my first marathon on Sunday excited but also crapping my pants!!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    awesome!!

To me, there is nothing like sweet competition. I get so high off of it. I just want to win!!!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    hockey and hockey and hockey....

I also play volley in doors, but mostly beach... and basketball...
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    hockey's hot! love the aggression!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Basketball tonight.

One of my fitness goals is to be able to dunk a basketball again.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Snowboarding. :) More of a solo thing but I did race in high school.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I am a black belt in karate, and I play in a once a week hockey league
  • Hmacdonald1220
    Options
    I love watching hockey but I dont think I could handle playing it.

In high school I played sports all year round. Not anymore though.
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    I recently starting playing tennis and love everything about it! For months, I walked past the tennis courts on my way to yoga and felt such a desire to try it. So, I have! So happy with my decision! :smile:
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Played Football in High School.
    Now I run... that's right, my sport is your sport's punishment.
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i am very competitive, played 4 sports in hs and am happy to make just about anything a competition. i do my best not to be obnoxiously competitive, my wife says i dont always succeed

I run - a few 10k's, half & full marathons a year and my main fitness goal right now is to qualify for the boston marathon
    play basketball - my gym has a decent game M, W & F, when i am training for a marathon i dont play much hoop since it doesnt fit in my training but otherwise i play as much as i can

i do other sports but dont actually compete with anyone in these.
    bodyboarding- almost every sunday morning i meet my brother and nephew for about 2 hours of waves
    snowboarding - we do one trip a year to mammoth, if we had the money and the time i would go all the time but you do what you can
    biking- i bike to work once a week and would never get in a car if i didnt have to, i love biking and it amazes me when people get in their car to go anywhere that is less than 2 miles away..

wish i could find a way to play baseball, i miss that, played in hs and played on an adult team after college for a little while.