LMAO - Yes a little weird - APPLE!!

Options
So I've realized that's it just a bit weird that I just weighed my apple (249 grams) than ate it.. and weighed the core to throw out (-65grams)... it saved me 40 calories... but I realize it's a bit weird!!

Anyone else do this?? Come on there has to be 1 person!!

Replies

• jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i weigh my steaks that are on a bone and then weigh the bone so no you are not the only weirdo =)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's not weird, you didn't eat the core. Good for you for catching it. now you can have something else. :glasses:
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Never thought of doing this. I may start.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hahaha now that is some discipline. Unfortunately, some of the gram amount calorie counts will actually assume you didn't eat the core/bone etc ie if you use an entry that was intended for whole apples or meat on the bone which means if you then subtract these portions that you will be underestimating your calories (which may not be a big deal for apples but for meat it may make all the difference).
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    I always core my apple first haha! But that's an awesome idea if you eat it that way.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Whoa yeah! Hadn't thought of that before. Now I wonder if bananas and oranges are weighed with peels off of on in the database... :huh:
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sneaky!!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Hahaha now that is some discipline. Unfortunately, some of the gram amount calorie counts will actually assume you didn't eat the core/bone etc ie if you use an entry that was intended for whole apples or meat on the bone which means if you then subtract these portions that you will be underestimating your calories (which may not be a big deal for apples but for meat it may make all the difference).

interesting factor... makes you wonder
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    So I've realized that's it just a bit weird that I just weighed my apple (249 grams) than ate it.. and weighed the core to throw out (-65grams)... it saved me 40 calories... but I realize it's a bit weird!!

Anyone else do this?? Come on there has to be 1 person!!

you are NOT alone! :-) this post made me smile! thank you!!!