Eating raw liver???

Options
Anyone tried it???

I have heard and read that raw liver is amazing as a protein shake???

Your thoughts... I have been trying to get my head around it before I try it, as for cooked liver, will eat it, but I would not choose to cook it as a meal xx

Need a home made protein shake....

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Well...I like sushi but eating raw liver sounds disgusting for some reason!! Make sure if you do eat it, that it's super fresh!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    *barf*

xD
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    *barf*

xD

what she said :sick:
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'd just cook it and be done with.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    grody/10
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love stake cooked "raw" and stake tartar (leanminced beef "coocked" in lemon juce not with heat) but I would draw the line at raw liver! ;-)

I am sure it has more nutirents intact whilst raw... but offals not cooked are a high risk. i am no expert but i would say there is a good chance of catching something from offals even from a reasonably heathy animal...?
    ...besides the flavour!

If you live to tell the tale, would be great to know how you got on...
  • Ruby11222
    Ruby11222 Posts: 114
    Options
    VOMIT!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I thought there would of been at least one person who trained would of tried it!!

Thanks for taking the time to post messages xx
  • StarlaDesiree
    StarlaDesiree Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't know about its protein content, but I've heard it's high in iron. If you want a homemade protein shake, I'm sure there are better options than raw organs. Do you not like the whey or soy protein powders? You could mix the powder with milk and peanut butter for added protein.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't know about its protein content, but I've heard it's high in iron. If you want a homemade protein shake, I'm sure there are better options than raw organs. Do you not like the whey or soy protein powders? You could mix the powder with milk and peanut butter for added protein.

DAM DAM DAM I meant iron! LOL xxxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks for that xxxxxxxxxxx

I have almond milk with peanut butter and banana!! But thank you xx