For those of you who have a love/hate with your scale

Options
I was surfing around on Prevention.com yesterday, and I came across this article about making friends with your scale. The last page showed one woman's "Scale Diary" for one day. I am notorious for weighing myself probably a little too often, although I try to just stick to one day a week, but this little diary was a good reminder to me that our weight fluctuates A LOT in just one day!

---Don’t let the number determine your self-worth! One 40-something Prevention reader shared how her weight fluctuated in 1 day.

7:15 AM: 133.8 lb, Right before hopping in the shower

8:30 AM: 137.5 lb, Wow, my clothes weigh 3.7 lb!

9:15 AM: 138.7 lb, Gained 1.2 lb from breakfast

10:30 AM: 137.9 lb, Bathroom break, -0.8 lb

1 PM: 135.8 lb, Lost 2.1 lb, thanks to a sweaty cardio workout

1:30 PM: 137.4 lb, Up 1.6 lb from lunch

4 PM: 138.6 lb, Gained 1.2 lb, probably from all the water I was drinking

5:30 PM: 137.5 lb, Bathroom break, -1.1 lb

11 PM: 140.8 lb, Yikes! Gained 3.3 lb—probably the pasta I ate and the wine!

11:30 PM: 137.1 lb, Undressed—huh, gained 3.3 lb since this morning

7:15 AM: 135.4 lb, Lost 1.7 lb while sleeping

Track your success!---

Replies

• Monika135
    Options
    Omg...this is gonna be a great post, wish I was near a scale......NOT... I call my scale the "mood maker"....
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Very cute! A good reminder that I should cut back on the scale watching and just keep working towards my goal. :)
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    I was surfing around on Prevention.com yesterday, and I came across this article about making friends with your scale. The last page showed one woman's "Scale Diary" for one day. I am notorious for weighing myself probably a little too often, although I try to just stick to one day a week, but this little diary was a good reminder to me that our weight fluctuates A LOT in just one day!

---Don’t let the number determine your self-worth! One 40-something Prevention reader shared how her weight fluctuated in 1 day.

7:15 AM: 133.8 lb, Right before hopping in the shower

8:30 AM: 137.5 lb, Wow, my clothes weigh 3.7 lb!

9:15 AM: 138.7 lb, Gained 1.2 lb from breakfast

10:30 AM: 137.9 lb, Bathroom break, -0.8 lb

1 PM: 135.8 lb, Lost 2.1 lb, thanks to a sweaty cardio workout

1:30 PM: 137.4 lb, Up 1.6 lb from lunch

4 PM: 138.6 lb, Gained 1.2 lb, probably from all the water I was drinking

5:30 PM: 137.5 lb, Bathroom break, -1.1 lb

11 PM: 140.8 lb, Yikes! Gained 3.3 lb—probably the pasta I ate and the wine!

11:30 PM: 137.1 lb, Undressed—huh, gained 3.3 lb since this morning

7:15 AM: 135.4 lb, Lost 1.7 lb while sleeping

Track your success!---

Great post!!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Im going to give my scales away i am on and off em like a freaking yo yo. I deffo should know how much my weight fluctuates and I still let it determin what mood im in. But not anymore great article x
  • kimbers615
    Options
    I love this, wow that is amazing the pound difference between morning and night
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning every day and track it with the TargetWeight app on my iphone. It's great and I think it's free. Anyway - makes you realize that it's the general trend downward that matters.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ha! so funny. I just posted a status about my scale beckoning me to hop on again this morning after officially weighing in yesterday. I didn't, though, because I'm well aware of how drastically the scale fluctuates throughout the day.
  • kck21886
    Options
    Really awesome post! Def. makes you think!