1 Week of being "good" with no results..

Options
So I have logged everything I ate and have worked out like a maniac for the last 7 days. I feel like I am doing everything right. It is just hard to see the scale and have no change. I know, I know, it takes time, and muscle weighs more than fat... blah, blah, blah.. It still sucks.

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    But have you measured? I gained 0.5 pounds for two weeks in a row but my clothes are looser.
  • Jupiter878
    Options
    Sorry you feel like that! I am the same, I have been "good" for awhile, and not much movement on the scale. BUT...I can breathe in my pants! And I feel lighter...
    Don't get discouraged, sometimes it hits all at once! You are doing GREAT!
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat. And you will see progress - it takes time.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat.

This always cracks me up. :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I know that when one makes the decision to start losing they usually want immediate results, but it just doesn't work that way. It took time to put it on and it takes time to take it off. Give it a bit more time.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I know that when one makes the decision to start losing they usually want immediate results, but it just doesn't work that way. It took time to put it on and it takes time to take it off. Give it a bit more time.
    :flowerforyou:
  • karenwhitham
    Options
    I had same problem a months ago but i started out size 16 this year bit by bit i was a 14 then like i said same thing happened but i went to try skirt on and 14 was big 12 now fits nicely, like some one else said you will be losing it else where, if not on the scales, don't get dishearted, keep up the good work. x:smile:
  • AmyJ_N4
    Options
    Don't get too disheartened, I had 2 weeks of being good with no results, and then on the third week I suddenly lost 4 pounds! Stick at it, it will be working, I understand the frustration but you will see results!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Don't worry one week isn't that long. I will probably suddenly drop off. Are you weighing your food or guesstimating ? If you are guesstimating and not losing weight you need to start weighing everything.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    :tongue: double post
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options

The correct way of putting it is that the same volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat i.e. fat is more bulky.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    So I have logged everything I ate and have worked out like a maniac for the last 7 days. I feel like I am doing everything right. It is just hard to see the scale and have no change. I know, I know, it takes time, and muscle weighs more than fat... blah, blah, blah.. It still sucks.
    High expectation is why most people quit after 2 weeks. Your body is a lot smarter than you think and when it's ready to lose, it will.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Been there hun, it totally sucks. Just don't get discouraged and feel like "what's the point?" The point is you want to be a leaner meaner, healthier you and that is the point, don't lose focus. Think about how you were feeling before you stepped on that scale, I'll bet you were feeling pretty great! Keep up the great work!
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I started, I had a MONTH of a plateau. A MONTH! But I felt soo much better, had soo much more energy and was overall, happier, even though I wasnt losing. Give it a couple more weeks, I ended up raising my calorie goal but I feel like you might want to give yourself a little more time before doing that. Good luck darlin :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    Options

The correct way of putting it is that the same volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat i.e. fat is more bulky.

Why is that the correct way of putting it? If I said rock weighs more than paper, would anyone argue the point simply because 1 lb of rock doesn't wiegh more than 1 lb of paper? I think most people assume that when you say something weighs more you mean that if given the same amount of each, one would be heavier. In this case, the muscle would be heavier (because is weighs more).