Do I pushing myself too hard?

Options
Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm a 35 years old guy, weighting 98 Kg (215 lb). About 4 weeks ago I decided that my weight and my way of eating will kill me at some point. At that time my weight was 103.3 Kg ( 228 lb). So I started a very healthy diet, eating 5 times a day, including mostly vegetables, 2 to 3 fruits a day, non fat milk, no sugar, proteins and low amounts of carbs. Overall my daily calorie intake is around 1300-1600 calories. Also I started a gym routine, Mo-Tu-Th-Fr, 90 to 120 minutes, including 60 to 70 minutes of cardio exercise (150-165 BPM) and weight lifting. Also on Tuesday and Saturday I play soccer, 40 minutes to 90 minutes.
Now I'm feeling great, I've lost almost 15 pounds, but I'm thinking if my daily routine it will cause me some health problems in the future. Any thoughts?

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that your caloric intake is too low for a man of your size and activity level.
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that your caloric intake is too low for a man of your size and activity level.

I agree you need to be taking in more calories you don't want your body to go into starvation mode!
  • Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for your efforts. It does not appear that you are pushing yourself too hard. Be patient with yourself if you cannot always exercise as much as you are currently doing. I always tell myself that the main thing is to do some kind of exercise daily.
  • Buddhaboy
    Buddhaboy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think you're right in line to lose the weight you want to lose and get fit
    I have a similar calorie intake and workout plan, and I'm 53
    You're closer to your idea weight then I am so you should be added some caloires to your diet to level off your weight loss soon
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I also say your intake is too low. I weigh less than you and eat at least 500 calories more. Bump up your calories. You'll probably lose faster too.
  • kericranmer
    Options
    Go baby GO!!! I think you are doing awesome!!!! You don't have to push yourself that hard, and you aren't always going to feel like doing everything you are right now. Just don't beat yourself up when you want to slow down a bit.!!!! Best of luck!!!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with being that active - just listen to your body if it tells you that you need to rest or if it's injured. Otherwise, go for it. I will echo the sentiments of some of the other posters though... your intake seems low for your activity level. I weigh less than you and my activity level is very similar to yours, and I eat about 1,000 calories more than you (I happen to eat all of my exercise calories). I fell into the trap over a year ago with exercising a lot and not fueling my workouts properly, and it did not work to my benefit. And again this is all just my opinion based on my personal experiences, so take it how you see fit. I wish you the best of luck with everything! :)
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just becareful you do not burn out, I do the same thing & go full blast for a few months, then crash....either I get sick, depressed, or have an all out binge that lasts for days or weeks. It is a vicious yo- yo cycle that I am trying to avoid, but I get frustrated with wanting to lose the last of the weight. Good luck & congrats to you!!!!