Analyze This

Options
So I have been in a plateatu for awhile now so I decided to look back during my whole time here at MFP and gathered together some information to see if I can find a pattern as to what was making me successful. I gathered together calories consumed per week, how many exercises calories I burned per week, and my weight loss difference each week.

If you guys could take a look and let me know if you see any patterns as to was was making me successful/unsuccesful please let me know. I can't see seem to shake this plateau!!

THANKS!!

Here's the document...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apqr8hl-ihAPdGg2cV9oTTZlUEZJME5Vdm5LVlBTS2c&hl=en_US

Replies

• adventuring
    Options
    You need to change the settings on the document to give access to people who have the link. It's private right now.
  • amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You need to change the settings on the document to give access to people who have the link. It's private right now.

I think I fixed it! THANKS!
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Now, this may not work for everyone because every body is different but it looks like you limited your caloric intake the past few weeks, probably due to the plateau. When I hit my plateau a earlier this year I started upping my intake, adding 100-200 a day. Yes, I realize this sounds counter intuitive! But when your body gets used to something you need to shock it back to life! I also started taking short 20-30 minute walks first thing in the morning before I shower or really got my day going. That jump started my metabolism also. It took about two weeks and I started losing again.

Also, take measurements, you might not be losing pounds but rather inches! Good luck! :)
  • amanda07425
    Options
    Now, this may not work for everyone because every body is different but it looks like you limited your caloric intake the past few weeks, probably due to the plateau. When I hit my plateau a earlier this year I started upping my intake, adding 100-200 a day. Yes, I realize this sounds counter intuitive! But when your body gets used to something you need to shock it back to life! I also started taking short 20-30 minute walks first thing in the morning before I shower or really got my day going. That jump started my metabolism also. It took about two weeks and I started losing again.

Also, take measurements, you might not be losing pounds but rather inches! Good luck! :)

I actually did increase my calories to 1400 a day.. as you can see over the past 3 weeks, i've been eating a lot more. i've tried changing my workouts too but that hasn't seem to work either.
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I recently got past a plateau by upping my calorie intake by a couple hundred. I also exercised a little lighter for a few days, then went back to exercising hard while still maintaining the higher calorie intake. Then I started dropping weight again.
  • lyrad63
    lyrad63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the last three weeks listed are 300 - 350 cals above your normal 1200 cals per day
    Dramatic increase in exercise cals the last week listed, maybe water from sore muscles
    are you close to target weight?
  • amanda07425
    Options
    I recently got past a plateau by upping my calorie intake by a couple hundred. I also exercised a little lighter for a few days, then went back to exercising hard while still maintaining the higher calorie intake. Then I started dropping weight again.

I upped my calories to 1400 for over a week now but no change (i used to eat around 1200). last week i tried working out on the treadmill & elliptical everyday and weight lifting so I burned more calories than normal to see if the change in exercise helped.. but no change with that either.

I thought maybe collecting a bunch of data I would've see a pattern in what I was doing that made me successful when I lost weight but I don't see any which is why i wanted everyone to take a look for themselves.
  • amanda07425
    Options
    the last three weeks listed are 300 - 350 cals above your normal 1200 cals per day
    Dramatic increase in exercise cals the last week listed, maybe water from sore muscles
    are you close to target weight?

Yes i was told to increase calories b/c i was starving my body..

I weight 164 now and would like be down to 140-145 so i still have 20 lbs to lose.
  • lyrad63
    lyrad63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    it looks as though your weightloss has been low and sporadic for quite a while, 9.5 in 5 months.
    2 lbs a month indicates you are really struggling

my next guess is the types of calories, carbs, fats or maybe salts
    or change type of exercise from weight to cardio or vice versa

The limited data in the spreadsheet does not account for all of lifes interferences.

sorry I couldn't help and good luck
  • amanda07425
    Options
    it looks as though your weightloss has been low and sporadic for quite a while, 9.5 in 5 months.
    2 lbs a month indicates you are really struggling

my next guess is the types of calories, carbs, fats or maybe salts
    or change type of exercise from weight to cardio or vice versa

The limited data in the spreadsheet does not account for all of lifes interferences.

sorry I couldn't help and good luck

Yes, my weightloss has been extremely slow and I'm beyond frustrated. When I lost the weight I was doing 30 day shred and then I decided to try c25k that was the past month & 1/2 n i havent lost anything. so I'm going to try another jillian michaels tape I think.. I just dont know what to do.
  • amanda07425
    Options
    so nobody sees any patterns?