Biggest Loser

Options
Okay, Biggest Loser litterally made me cry last night. I really thought Mark would be this season's biggest loser and to see him make that sacrifice and really care about his brother and the promise he made to the others was very respectable. I was hoping that Dan would be the one going home. I know he got imunity because he was the biggest loser of the week but he was so arrogant throughout the enitre show that he really started getting on my nerves. I don't think Jay has the strenght or the numbers to take the entire thing without his brother there. Now my vote is with Bernie on the Black team!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, Biggest Loser litterally made me cry last night. I really thought Mark would be this season's biggest loser and to see him make that sacrifice and really care about his brother and the promise he made to the others was very respectable. I was hoping that Dan would be the one going home. I know he got imunity because he was the biggest loser of the week but he was so arrogant throughout the enitre show that he really started getting on my nerves. I don't think Jay has the strenght or the numbers to take the entire thing without his brother there. Now my vote is with Bernie on the Black team!!!

Memaw
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    I completely agree with you. And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who cried:sad: I was happy that he did the right thing though. I'll also be happy when Dan goes. He's got family at home to help him continue. His attitude just really gets on my nerves.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    WHY WHY WHY did I read this post? I'm so stupid. I didn't finish last night and now I know who was kicked out! MANNNNNN ...stupid.

Oh well. I agree with how obnoxious Dan was this show. I used to like him when he had his mom there to slap him around when he got stupid.

Although I'd rather see him getting confident with his new body instead of being his self-defeating, old self that had low self esteem. He'll settle as he gets a little more mature. I was cocky when I was 21 too!
  • Toxic_MN
    Options
    Hey, I like Dan. But yes. to see Mark leave was sad. I think they were way too dramatic at the end though.
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I was extremely frustrated with the entire blue team on last night's show. They were so arrogant and so cocky !! If I could have reached through the tv to slap them all I would have! My husband was laughing at me the whole time because I kept saying how much I couldn't stand them and I was cheering and got sooo excited when they lost at the weigh in!! All I can say about that is "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18.

I was dissappointed that Dan got immunity because I thought his butt should have been the one kicked off the show!! But I am glad that Mark is gone. I didn't like his attitude.

And what was with all the crying!!! I usually don't have a problem with men crying, but come on!! give me a break!! NOW I think the blue team might need a therapy session with Jillian's mom!!

I personally hope Brittany wins the whole thing...but I think that's unlikely cuz she's one of the smallest ones there now...but she has won so many challenges for her team and I think she's determined to reach her goal. I'd be happy if any girl wins the whole thing....has there ever been a girl winner???

anyway....that's my take on the show last night
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    Yes I t0 was happy to see the blue team go down!!
    And was not sad to see Mark leave at all. And what was up with Dan, I use to like him and now he is so cocky. They prance around like the greatest team ever, a team hand picked for its great big men. Well they really should be winning every weigh in, and be humble about it. God wants us to be humble befor him and sadly i dont think this loss will bring them down any.
    I would like to see Bernie win.
  • banks1850
    Options
    That's my only problem (well, actually I have a few, but this one is the biggest) with the biggest looser. It's technique for measuring how people win is flawed. Evaluating men and woman on a % lost basis isn't equal footing. Because of multiple factors (mainly being the larger over all you are, the more excess weight you can handle PROPORTIONATE TO YOUR SIZE) and males have inately more muscle mass and therefore can carry more fat at the start (and usually do) So for a woman to loose the same % as a man is a much more daunting task. I don't have an answer for how to evaluate it fairly, but there is a reason why men always win. It has nothing to do with drive, or ability, will power. It's like trying to race a dog against a horse. You can be the fastest dog ever, but your still not going to beat a horse (it's not THAT extreme but you get my point), it's pure human physiology. Just as woman have a better sense of smell and hearing, men have a higher percentage of muscle then woman.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I was extremely frustrated with the entire blue team on last night's show. They were so arrogant and so cocky !! If I could have reached through the tv to slap them all I would have! My husband was laughing at me the whole time because I kept saying how much I couldn't stand them and I was cheering and got sooo excited when they lost at the weigh in!! All I can say about that is "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18.

I was dissappointed that Dan got immunity because I thought his butt should have been the one kicked off the show!! But I am glad that Mark is gone. I didn't like his attitude.

And what was with all the crying!!! I usually don't have a problem with men crying, but come on!! give me a break!! NOW I think the blue team might need a therapy session with Jillian's mom!!

I personally hope Brittany wins the whole thing...but I think that's unlikely cuz she's one of the smallest ones there now...but she has won so many challenges for her team and I think she's determined to reach her goal. I'd be happy if any girl wins the whole thing....has there ever been a girl winner???

anyway....that's my take on the show last night

I too wanted to reach thru the TV last night and give them all a "snap out it slap"!:laugh:

My husband said that they were embarressment to all men last night! it wasn't that they were upset and crying, but they were blubbering....geezzzzz
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Yeah I cried when I watched it this morning. I thought Roger was going home from the way the preview looked last week. I'm glad he didn't. I really didn't care for Mark, but he was very driven and he definitely kept it up when he got back home. Maybe Jay will step it up now that his brother isn't in the limelight. I watched some reruns of the first or second season a couple of weeks ago and those seasons were nowhere close to being as emotional as the new seasons. "Back then" they just said bye pretty much. I don't really care for the drama. I don't like crying over a TV show. :laugh:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more! The entire blue team was very cocky...and although I like them, I was glad to see them get a wake up call...sooo arrogant!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    That's my only problem (well, actually I have a few, but this one is the biggest) with the biggest looser. It's technique for measuring how people win is flawed. Evaluating men and woman on a % lost basis isn't equal footing.

Yeah, I have a problem with this too. I mean, the winner last year (Bill) started at 334 and dropped to 170. That's a 49% loss, which looks great on him at 5'8". But take Brittany, for example - she started at only 220 and she's 5'7". There's no way that she could lose 49% of her weight - that would put her at 112, which is way too low for someone her height (BMI=17.6). So she can't win!

If they are going to do it based on percentages like that, it almost seems like they ought to control for how much these people CAN safely lose. I think Brittany is great but it is disappointing to know that she couldn't possibly win without sacrificing her health.
  • banks1850
    Options
    that's the nail on the head I was thinking of cp. I'm sure there is a way to do it. Body Fat % won't work cuz ladies keep a higher amount even when healthy, total pounds obviously can't be it. Maybe something like closest to a "perfect" weight with other measurements thrown in like muscle tone and size measurements. I dunno, but there's gotta be a better way.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    How about a season for the ladies?

Or, two winners, one of each sex?

I'm just sayin'. . .
  • banks1850
    Options
    At least it would be fair that way.