LipoBasics

Options
Has anyone on here ever used LipoBasics? It is an all natural diet pill and I was just wondering if anyone has had good or bad reviews of it.

Thanks

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You probably won't find a lot of positive feedback on any diet pill here. We tend to be fans of healthy eating and exercise as the cure-all for weight loss.

:flowerforyou:
  • RCMILLER2
    Options
    since its all natural it shouldnt be a problem, but thanks.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    This review is probably quite accurate.... harmless (unless you're prone to goiters) but ineffective.

LipoBasics claims to safely stimulate weight loss, without the harsh stimulant effects of ephedra-laced diet pills, such as Hydroxycut and Metabolife. Instead of stimulating the central nervous system to promote weight loss--a process called "thermogenesis"--LipoBasics claims to promote weight loss by naturally improving how your body stores and burns fat, naturally decreasing your overall body fat. And side effects? Virtually non-existent--or so they claim.
    What are the ingredients in Lipo Basics?LipoBasics contains Korean pine nut oil, sesame seed oil, clarinol A-80 and rich seaweed.

Do the ingredients in Lipo Basics promote weight loss?
    There has never been any evidence that any of its ingredients help promote weight loss. Although LipoBasics references several studies they claim proves their ingredients work, they won't actually say what these specific studies are, instead referencing weight loss charts made by their company. For example, they claim Korean pine nut oil has been clinically proven to suppress the appetite due to "several studies", but they never actually list what these studies are. They also claim the active ingredient in rich seaweed, called fucoxanthin, promotes fat metabolism due to "several Japanese studies", yet they also refuse to list these specific studies.
    But you can reap some benefits from this diet pill: all of these ingredients are rich in "good fats", which help lower bad cholesterol levels.

Is Lipo Basics safe?
    Yes, unless you are at risk for developing goiters. Seaweed in rich in iodine, which can contribute to this condition.

Verdict:
    LipoBasics isn't as effective as it claims it is, with a virtually useless ingredient base making up its entire supplement. If your goal is to lose weight quickly, you're probably not going to have much luck with LipoBasics.
  • RCMILLER2
    Options
    yeah I'v seen the website, I just wanted some real reviews. Thanks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    All natural doesn't mean it works. Being a supplement "Connoisseur" for many years, it good to know now that most supplements aren't that effective in weight loss or health. Saves me money.
  • RCMILLER2
    Options
    thats why I wanted to know if anyone has used it and had good results using it.

I have lost 25 lbs before joining here and now I have lost 5 more lbs, but I seem to have reached a stand still on my weight loss. I was just looking for something to give me a little extra boost. A friend of mine got a metabolism booster from her doctor, but I dont have health insurance so I cant do that.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    natural =/= healthy.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If the ingredients have not been proven effective, it is highly unlikely that you are going to find anyone who had good results with this product.

I know it is frustrating when you hit a wall with fitness, but just persevere. Change up your workouts and adjust your calorie intake. That should help.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Isn't HCG "all natural" too?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    thats why I wanted to know if anyone has used it and had good results using it.

I have lost 25 lbs before joining here and now I have lost 5 more lbs, but I seem to have reached a stand still on my weight loss. I was just looking for something to give me a little extra boost. A friend of mine got a metabolism booster from her doctor, but I dont have health insurance so I cant do that.

Probably unsolicited advice, but that’s what I do best.

There could be many reasons why you’re not losing weight. I see your calories are set at 1200, which may not be enough. I also see you don’t log your food very often, which could also be why. Your exercise routine (or whether or not you do exercise) could be affecting your weight loss goals. I don’t know that deciding to go for a weight loss pill, whether “natural” or not, will really help with the bigger picture here. I have no reviews of this supplement in particular, but a few years ago I tried a couple, one was “natural”, and it did not do anything. I have since realized that those who make diet pills are trying to take my money, not help me lose weight (even those that claim to be “natural”). It’s generally the same with a “cleanse” or a “detox”.

Another suggestion would be to talk to a dietitian or nutritionist instead.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

I know it is frustrating when you hit a wall with fitness, but just persevere. Change up your workouts and adjust your calorie intake. That should help.

great advice. Try researching calorie zig zagging and HIT training

good luck

:flowerforyou:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you have to be put on a 800 calories diet while taking the pill then it is your diet that is working not the pill. I dont know if that is what yuo have to do but i once bought diet pills and the diet was so low i took them back.
  • RCMILLER2
    Options
    I have been eating my 1200 calories everyday and exercising, I havent been logging onto here because I just moved and started school and a new job. I have continued to lose a couple of lbs so I think I'm doing ok, again was just looking for a little extra boost.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your final goal is, but once I got to 30 pounds lost things have really slowed down, but I am still losing so I am trying not to panic. I have tried MANY semi natural and totally unnatural appetite suppressant type pills over the years and NONE of them actually decreased my appetite. They gave me jittery energy, but that was all! Good luck!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

So is asbestos. And rattlesnake venom. And fire. And falling.
  • RCMILLER2
    Options
    wow really people if I wanted sarcastic and unhelpful answers I would have asked my 2 year old niece. I was looking for some help, incase someone on here actually used it. Thank you to those of you who were actually trying to help.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    wow really people if I wanted sarcastic and unhelpful answers I would have asked my 2 year old niece. I was looking for some help, incase someone on here actually used it. Thank you to those of you who were actually trying to help.

I don't think people are trying to be unhelpful but they are trying to prevent you from taking something that could be harmful to your health, waste your money, or both.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

So is asbestos. And rattlesnake venom. And fire. And falling.

I should take note of these...
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options

You know, cyanide is all natural....

Looks like a few of us had the same idea ;-)
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    The name of the diet pill is misleading. Lipobasics.....and it's full of oils. Good marketing team I suppose.

Anyway, it's not unhealthy by any means. Looking at the ingredients, things like sesame oil are good for you and the other ingredients, mostly linoleic acids, are fine as well. The problem is that the dosage level isn't going to be anything that's going to make any real changes in your body.

If you want to take this supplement for general health benefits then that should be fine but I'm guessing it will be far overpriced compared to just buying some fish oil and maybe some CLA separately. If you can find this for cheap, go for it. Just be aware that it's not going to give you any noticeable difference for weight loss.