I feel like I am stuck please help =/

Options
Hi, so this will be my 4th week on MFP and in my first two weeks I lost 8lbs. On my 3rd week I lost nothing =[. I just started school again and I am very busy and I feel discouraged. What can I do to keep the weight coming off? what are some easy recipes? why didn't I lose weight the 3rd week? If anyone could help that would be great! Thank You

Replies

• ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? Cause you may have lost inches that week and not pounds.

Scales can be really evil sometimes......
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    May I ask what is the correct way to measure yourself. I honestly have never measured my self. I have had it done twice by some one else. I have gone to five different places to buy a measuring tape for your body. I have lost several inches all over.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar situation as you as far as losing weight.. first week lost 8.6 lbs..second week went up 2 lbs ( and I did everything right) third week lost 5lbs, fourth lost 6 lbs then the fifth week only lost 2lbs, but I did realize that their were a few things that I was lacking on...water intake, exercise, so I did everything I was previously doing and lost 5.1lbs this week..and sometimes it is just inches that you are losing. Try not to focus so much on the lbs lost and look at how your wardrobe is looking:wink:
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    May I ask what is the correct way to measure yourself. I honestly have never measured my self. I have had it done twice by some one else. I have gone to five different places to buy a measuring tape for your body. I have lost several inches all over.

http://www.pre-diabetes.com/prediabetes/hip-to-waist-chart.html

that site gives a good pic of it

waist is the narrowest part of your waist and hips is the biggest part around your butt.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Hi, I lost 7 lbs the first week and gained almost 1 lb (of water?), the next week, then the next week I lost almost
    1 lb. I was making lots of soup, fresh veggies, & eating soup. I love soup. I was not adding the exercise like I needed to.
    Don't worry about not losing so much, continue doing the low-fat, drinking your water, adding more fruits, veggies, nuts, grains & get the exercise.
    You will do just fine. Focus on eating healthy-eating foods that are grown are the B-E-S-T!

5'4"
    234---Started Sept. 5, 2011
    Sept. 12, 2011
    Sept. 19, 2011---->I felt stuck, but I got back on track the next day!
    Sept. 26, 2011
    Oct. 3, 2011
    125...Goal weight
    Open up thine eyes! The return of the Lord Jesus in nearer than we think. The urgency is; "To get ready, clean thine house & get busy about the Father's Business". Amen.
  • calliecoffman
    Options
    I do not measure myself. How often should I measure myself? and what parts should I measure?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    measure once a week, do your neck, arms, legs, butt, chest and waist from the belly button. Do you exercise as well as diet?
  • calliecoffman
    Options
    Yes I usually do 30min- 60 min depending on how much time I have 4 times a week