The Importance of Water

Options
iTim__
iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University study.

Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Replies

• iTim__
    Options
    One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University study.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm glad I drink like a fish now! (water that is!! honest! :laugh: )
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info.I am glad to know that water is doing my body well.:flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    thanks for this! :)

shadowDrinkingWater.gif

mmmmmm water - does EVERYONE good! Drink up!!! :drinker:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder...just went and grabbed my next round.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Hell yeah! Water is way neglected. I drink about 3-4 liters a day, depending on my workout. If you got dark yellow/brown piss, you got some serious issues.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Water is way neglected. I drink about 3-4 liters a day, depending on my workout. If you got dark yellow/brown piss, you got some serious issues.
    LOL mine is Clear is that bad ????(joking):noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Rubybees
    Rubybees Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thanks for this
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love my water!! I usually get about 90 ounces a day!

I rarely drink anything else.

I does my body good!!! :tongue:
  • shariweber
    Options
    this is funny... i get those water bottles by the case as all of my family is water drinkers on the go and we constantly lose our nalgene bottles.
    Anyway, someone said how many ounces they drink and that caused me to look at my bottle- it has double what I have been counting for months!
    No wonder I could never get 8 in on my food diary! I was already doing 10.

Silly girl. Funny thing is I look at all my other lables all the time- never thought to look at water.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    oooohhhh another good one, tweber....short, to the point.

animal0028.gif
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Clear? oh no, quite opposite, its worth recycling. Tell me how that goes, ha.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    thanks for this! :)

shadowDrinkingWater.gif

mmmmmm water - does EVERYONE good! Drink up!!! :drinker:

hehe my cat actually does this :laugh:

good water info! Makes me feel even better about drinking my 8-10 glasses a day!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options

animal0028.gif

bump
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    thanks, great information. I quoted you on another thread. Thanks again! :drinker:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

animal0028.gif

bump

His name is Tim! :tongue: But yeah, thanks, Tim, :flowerforyou: CM and Kristi :flowerforyou:, you too.
    Interesting info, makes me think... Btw, where are you quoting this from? It'd be interesting to read the whole thing.
  • tmkirk01
    tmkirk01 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the great info. I will drink a glass right now :drinker:
  • iTim__
    Options
    :drinker:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    Wow I'm glad I drink like a fish now! (water that is!! honest! :laugh: )

do fish really drink :laugh:
  • iTim__
    Options
    I put my gold fish in a tank of beer... he went belly-up. Did the same thing to myself (only fair, right)? Same thing happened.