This one's for the Ladies

Options
Hey Ladies!
So I recently started my period and I always get super cravings for unhealthy treats. I've already caved on the coco pops..

What do you do to resist cravings? I don't want to lose any progress because of this!!

takk(:

Replies

• jehanson10
    Options
    I am right there with you! I usually try to plan for "crap" food and adjust either my exercise to allow for a couple 100 extra calories or I cut out other food... When I first started, I made sure that I didn't have any "crap" food in my house so that it would be more difficult for me to get it.

Good luck! :)
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I know what your saying I was dying for a candy bar but didn't want all the calories. I bought a box of single serving nutty bars instead had one and was just fine it was 100 calories and it fixed my cravings. I think if u have self control to treat yourself at this time of the month its o.k. as long as your good the rest of the day. I bought a box and only had that one for the craving now my son is eating the rest.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I try to single out what I really, really want the most and I have it. Usually when I give into a big one, the others go away. Giving in to a single temptation isn't going to derail you. Heck.. giving int o a couple over a weekend isn't going to undo all the good you've done. So, don't be too hard on yourself and indulge in a treat or two.. just keep up with your work outs and stick to your healthier eating as much as possible.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have success with reminding myself that it's not that I really want the crappy food and make a promise to myself that if I still want it in a few days when my hormones have subsided I'll let myself have it. I very rarely still want it.
  • briannaghall
    Options
    Thanks guys for the awesome feedback, good to know I'm not alone :D
    Not gonna lie, I felt awkward posting this, but thanks for the support!