Where are the big men?

Options
I dont see many big men on here to friend up with. When I go to YMCA I dont see many big men there. When I go to the waterpark there are no big men. Park? No big men. Am I the only big guy? I would love to friend up with some big guys out there to see what they are doing. All mentioned places have plenty of bigger gals. Where are the big guys? Maybe I should look at McD's?

Replies

• zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My husband is a big man! He is ironmantim688 on here if you want to look him up. He is not on here as much as I am, but he has lost quite a bit of weight with MFP! :)
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I used to be a big guy, if that helps. Looking at your profile, we share a similar story. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I see tons of big men!! yes, I'm talking 300+ Well, I am living in what has been deemed one of the "fattest states" in the US.
    Maybe you live in the thin states. haha And I see them post on MFP message boards too.

They are here on MFP, and they need your support too.

Hey guys... Mdbs needs support!! friend request him!!

good luck on your journey :)
  • jgbigman
    jgbigman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I must admit I am big man!! So feel free to friend me..
  • raiderdawg
    raiderdawg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's up big brotha! I'm a big guy I guess. 6'2" Sw: 303, Current 279. Hoping to not be a "big guy" any more though.
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    My dad is 300+ but wont get on my fitness pal! I'm trying to convince him!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    We are around.... Even 80lbs down I get big man a lot.
  • javajunki
    Options
    Where are the big guys? Maybe I should look at McD's?
    No! not that! Better to walk alone than force yourself to traverse that McDen of hydrogenated fats and processed foods.
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My husband is a big guy. His user name is simba0915. He doesn't get on here very much, though. Maybe if he had some friends on here like him he would
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request, I'm looking to lose around another 100lbs on top of the 50 or so I've lost since July, always looking for friends with similar goals.
  • nickblackburn080882
    Options
    im in uk i started at 315 currently just under 280 after 3 weeks of being stuck trying to get from 281 to under 280 eqivalent to 20stone over here which was my first of 4 goals
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm medium, does that count? :bigsmile: friend request sent
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I definitely still qualify. 6"2 - 294lbs. I started around 307.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    WOW!!! Thanks all!!!
  • matt314159
    Options
    I don't know if I count so much anymore, by most standards I do...255, down from 325 in Sept 2010, down from 339 at my all-time high in 2006...regardless, friend request sent.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I dont see many big men on here to friend up with. When I go to YMCA I dont see many big men there. When I go to the waterpark there are no big men. Park? No big men. Am I the only big guy? I would love to friend up with some big guys out there to see what they are doing. All mentioned places have plenty of bigger gals. Where are the big guys? Maybe I should look at McD's?
    Unfortunately many big men DON'T try to lose weight intentionally. I've tried getting bigger guys to be clients and they always seem to refuse any help. And big guys don't want to go to gyms because of ego.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I am around. Not to be confused with I am round.
  • masterfitness4u
    Options
    This remindes me of the tv show "men of a certain age" When the customers referred to the car dealer as the "fat guy" And at the end he finally admitted it. "Yes, I am the fat guy"

That was funny about the skinny state, Tn is full of big people, just go to the buffets and say, hey are you only MFP? :)
  • matt314159
    Options
    And big guys don't want to go to gyms because of ego.
    from my experience it's more an embarrassment issue. I work for a college and have access to a beautiful weight room and gym, yet I bought a recumbent bicycle so I can sweat it out in the privacy of my own home and not in front of all these college kids. I guess ego is another way to put it but I think shame is more likely the real case. At least for me it was.