Overwhelmed help!

Options
I have to lose 105 pounds I am so overwhelmed I just feel like I will never get there, Does anyone else feel like this? How do you stop doubting yourself? I just don't know if I will ever get there!

Replies

• leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes! I feel like that quite often.....but one pound at a time.....and each pound makes us more powerful and in control....you can do it!! Write me anytime and we will keep each other on track!!
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    dont give up! Slowly but surely you will reach your goal, just keep with it. I get discouraged when i dont see that scale move but i can tell the difference in my clothes. I have been on here for 6wks now and lost 12lbs, better than gaining 12 lbs in my eyes.
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Everyday...yep! But it is a lifestyle change and it will be everyday for the rest of my life. I have been at this for over a year and only on MFP for over 3 months. I look back at the over 40 lbs that I have lost as gone, not lost. I don't want to find them again. Each day my scale moves down is another victory for me. If it stays the same, I work a little harder. I know when it goes up what I have done wrong and I work at fixing it.

Take it one day at a time, that way it isn't so overwhelming. Each day is a new beginning. If you only think of the final goal you will miss all the little milestones you make along the way.

Good Luck and baby steps...you can't run until you can walk!
    Denise
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you think of the whole picture, and how overwhelming it is, you will never start.

Just think of it in baby steps. Think of it this way, every small change you make, everything you do to get lighter, fitter, healthier a better balanced diet, is one step closer to you end goal, but even if you never ever reach that end goal, it's one step better than today, better than now.

And that makes all those baby steps worth it. They all help, all of them.

And once you're making baby steps, slowly, that end goal wont seem that far away at all.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I look at the progress I've made. Any step is an inprovement!
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    And....by the way....love the picture on your ticker! I have a beagle too......
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    BREATHE! Make small goals so you don't focus on the big amount. Know it's going to take time (a year or more really). Make one small change at a time. I started here with over 80lbs to lose in August 2010.

I started with the food, and just changed the food and focused on that for 4-5 weeks and then added in exercise because if I tried to do it all at one time I was WAY overwhelmed.

Get some good measuring cups and a kitchen scale to measure/weigh food out. Plan the day (or week) ahead of time so you know exactly what you'll eat for that time.

You're going to have bad days, it's okay, just get back on track the next day! You can do this, it's about small steps and small changes they really really do add up!!
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Every day!! I started with more than 130 to lose! I just focus on the small victories... the pants that didn't used to fit, the way a shirt hangs now that I've lost some weight, a comment from a co-worker on my current loss. I try not to spend too much time thinking about how long the journey is going to take, but instead think about how great it will feel to be healthy again.
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...I have to lose 95lbs, and I'm only 3lbs into the journey! Yesterday I had a mini breakdown over the thought of such a daunting task.

I try to surround myself with support, read the success stories on here, and sometimes I'll throw in an extra workout, just to feel like I did something productive towards my goal. Usually this works for me. It's going to be a looooong, hard road, but eventually we'll get there!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i need to lose like 200...i totally know how you feel, but i have been doing this since june and i have seen such a difference already. i have went down inches, a size in my clothes. people notice i am shrinking. i have so much more stamina and all of that keeps me going :)
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do it, you're choosing to. Keep working at it and it'll happen. Ever notice how it's your birthday creeps up on you? Well you're going to look back and think wow seems like yesterday. That's I how I feel at least.
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just remind myself that this is a journey and that it's going to take time. And remember that one day isn't going to make or break you. Every day is a new chance to get back on track and make the right choices. Don't focus on how much is left, focus on how far you've already come with making the decision to take this journey.

Feel free to add me if you like. It never hurts to have the extra support!! And that goes for anyone else reading this as well that would like to add me. :)
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    I constantly feel overwhelmed...thinking, "Well maybe I'm just one of those people that supposed to be fat their whole lives...so what's the point in even trying to lose weight..." BUT I AM SO TOTALLY WRONG! Everybody has the strength in them to lose the weight and to get down to a healthy, smaller size! If you are ever in need of a "boost" or convincing...just look around MFP! There are people on here that have lost 150+ pounds! It is ALWAYS possible! There is so much encouragement, motivation, and support on this site...

You'll get there. But take it one pound at a time and use this network of weight loss friends to motivate you! Friend me if you'd like some additional support!
  • bunny0208
    bunny0208 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel because I have to lose 150 lbs in order to be on my ideal weight when I think about it, I get discourage and start eating junk food again. Now I change the way I see my weight loss. I don't focus on the 150 instead I try to look on losing 10 lbs. at a time since then I have lost 42 lbs. I am trying to reach the 50 lbs. weight loss to go and buy clothes that makes me happy and i would be 50 lbs close. I used to weight 295 lbs. now I am in 253 lbs. My advice to you would be to think in small steps

10404237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ickaboo
    Ickaboo Posts: 20
    Options
    Don't worry, the great thing about this site is that you're not alone!
    I'm just starting my weightloss journey today and I already feel so much better knowing that even strangers want me to succeed. Take things one day at a time, It will be frustrating at times, but hey, you always have everyone on here to give you that little boost of motivation to keep you going.
    Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you need more support or just want to chat :)
  • jbrautigam24
    jbrautigam24 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Take a deep breath and remember that it probably took a long time to put on the weight, and it will take even more time to get it off. You've never heard someone say "I regret losing weight and looking fabulous", but you will regret giving up. Think of this as one of the greatest adventures you will ever go on, learn about yourself, find support in your friends and family, and enjoy the journey!!!
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step", and for me, each day, each single step I take, makes a huge difference. Even the bad days are a step forward because they teach me lessons about my own boundries.

You can do this, and all the nice folks at MFP are here to help. I only had 30 pounds to lose, but I know I'll be here long after I've achieved my goal because this is a great community.

Don't be afraid to ask for help and support. I've never seen a group more sincerely interested in seeing its members improve themselves. You're in a good place.

Enjoy your journey.
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Give yourself one year...next year is coming whether you lose the weight or not...might as well be thinner and healthier when it gets here right? I started my weightloss journey in Feb. 2011...just a short seven months later, I'm 65 pounds lighter! It goes by fast!
  • 25Gigi
    25Gigi Posts: 9
    Options
    I am also overwhelmed, but after reading many of your comments, I realize that I am not alone. I always wake up with great intentions, but after a few hours, my motivation changes. All I can keep thinking about is the plaque that hangs in my classroom (that I need to live by as well) is "Never, never, never, give up." Winston Churchill. That's what keeps me motivated at all. Hopefully it will help others too. Hang in there.