I need advice.... on speeding up my loss.

Options
Ive logged in for 20 day's and I only have a 4lb loss to show for it? What could be wrong? Or is this a normal rate of loss?

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    So you're losing an average of a pound every five days? That's awesome!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'd say that is pretty normal. You don't have all that much to lose.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    No need to speed up that is 4 lbs in less than 3 weeks, so more than the recommended 1 lb/week.
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    That is a normal rate of loss.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    how long did it take you to gain 40 pounds? double that time frame. it comes off at a snails pace. you're doing great.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Three weeks, 4 pounds. Looks like a little over a pound a week. Looks like a healthy way to lose weight, and a eating/fitness plan you could live with. Good luck.
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    thats a sensible loss.
    rapid weight loss usually results in loose skin and also you would be more likely to regain the weight
    1 lb every 5 days is a good rate to loose
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You don't want to lose more than 2lbs per week so you are very close to being on track. If you don't have alot to lose then you are right on track.

Just keep at it, eat as clean as you can. Eat lots of lean protein, fiber and drink your water too. Limit fat and simple carbs along with the sodium and you will continue to see a loss on the scale.

Lastly, make sure you are exercising and increasing your exercise whenever you can!

Best of Luck!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty normal. What were you hoping for? What are you eating? Do you work out? If so, how often? There are factors that will help you get where you want to be. Just rmemeber, it didn't come on overnight, so it won't leave overnight, either. Do it in a healthy manner. Good luck!!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me.That is a good rate.It's to bad it was this hard to gain it.LOL Keep up the good work.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    MFP's suggests a 1 lb. a week loss. So~ 20 days and you've lost 4 lbs.! That's a great accomplishment!!

My advice would be to have patience, and try to get the mind frame to make this a healthy a way of living instead of a quick diet.

:flowerforyou: Best Wishes.
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way.....if you keep that pace by summer....what will you weigh? You are doing great! Have some mini goals...if you keep eating the way you are eating, what would you weigh by Christmas? Sounds like you are doing great! When we all first started, we felt the same way.....just be patient. You are doing WONDERFUL!!!!