2-a-days

Options
I'm just gaining motivation to start working out and I'm going to be jobless and I think I want to do two-a-days for more weightloss and to become healthier in general. Is that something I should jump right into? Maybe three times a week and progress from there? I really want to get my old bod back and I haven't had much motivation. I've become exteremly lazy since high school and I assuming a lot of people can relate. And insight or inspriation that can be given would be grateful.

Replies

• kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What are you staring to do?
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    have you been doing "1-a-days"? If not I suggest you ease into it a bit; you don't want to hurt yourself by going all out to start and then not be able to exercise again.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    just go straight to it
  • ahoads
    ahoads Posts: 3
    Options
    I think I should go straight into it as well.. I'm going to start next week. I'm new to this. Is there a forum you could recommend for motivation?
  • brooklyn_87
    brooklyn_87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree and say just go into it! Just listen to your body in the process - it'll definitely tell you if you've had too much, then you can take a rest day or bring it down to 1-a-day for a couple days then ramp back up. I recently went from 1-a-day to 2-a-day and while it was a little rough at first, I absolutely love it now and its been a great way to get more exercise in without having to find 1 huge block of free time during the day.

I'd also say try to mix it up, that should keep things interesting and help so your body doesn't fatigue and get sore so easily. For example, I go in before work and after work, about 1-1 1/2 hours each. If I do heavy cardio in the AM, I'll concentrate more on strenght in the PM, etc. Good luck!