I need ideas on my water intake

Options
I love plain ice cold water in the summer I have no problems getting the 8 glasses if not much more when its hot out. But as soon as the weather starts to change I dont care for water anymore. Im looking for some Ideas that might help me to want to drink more.

Replies

• angiecraine
    Options
    Crystal light :)
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    maybe crystal light?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I just focus on drinking 16 oz with breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. That's the only way I can do it.
  • stephanie8625
    stephanie8625 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    crystal light in cold water
    peppermint tea and green tea as a warm drink !! (and green tea has alot of different flavors if you switch over to hot water, hot tea)

10344221.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Drink water at room temperature.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Water is any: Non Carbonated, No Cafeine, No Sugar beverage.

So Crystal Light, Mio, VitaminWater Zero, LifeWater 0, Propel 0 all can be used a water.

Tea as well, just make sure you don't add sugar and it is a decaf tea.

Enjoy!!!

PS Water can be cold but the body works better when water is not Ice Cold.........
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i drink my water at whatever temp it comes out of the tap. though in the summer time it is at whatever temp come out of the fountain when i am at work.

if water in winter isn't your thing i would personally lean toward tea over anything else.
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use caffeine free tea when I'm at work. It helps keep me warm and hydrated. My personal favorite is peppermint but there are tons of choices.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I hate water,so I've been adding I'm propel pour in packs,crystal light pour ins and even some of the koolaid pour ins are tasty :)
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I sometimes drink just hot water if I fancy a warm drink and sometimes I add a slice of lemon. Sugar free juices (cordials) are also nice with hot water. And I have recently discovered green tea which I LOVE! Not sure if that helps?
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I drink 4C Totally Light Iced Green Tea. Love it, love it, love it. I don't mind drinking water by itself, but I do like something with some flavor, too, and this stuff is good.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Green tea has caffeine in it. Rooibos tea (also known as redbush) is naturally caffeine free and tastes yummy. I thoroughly recommend it! I drink about 8 cups of rooibos tea every day. http://www.teabenefits.com/rooibos-tea-benefits.html

EDIT

Also, I leave my teabag in the whole time I'm drinking it to really get the full flavour and health benefits from it : )
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you were referring to my post or not, but the stuff I mentioned is decaffeinated. Just FYI for anyone who may be interested.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you were referring to my post or not, but the stuff I mentioned is decaffeinated. Just FYI for anyone who may be interested.

My post wasn't aimed at anyone : ) It's just that I can't have caffeine due to a dodgy heart and people often offered me green tea as an alternative, not realising that green tea naturally has caffeine in it.
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Bump, I need ideas too! So, thanks everyone. I am NOT a water drinker.....I have yet to accomplish the 64oz a day.....I have recently bought lemons and that really helps
  • Lanae7
    Lanae7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Decaf tea is always good!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Water is any: Non Carbonated, No Cafeine, No Sugar beverage.

Can anyone else answer this? My forehead is hurting...i gotta get a cushion for this desk...
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    I use the large smart water or similar sized bottle that is 4 servings of water. I make it a goal to drink 2 of them, or 3 24 oz bottles each day. 1 of which I may add crystal light to. one bottle before lunch, and one after. I just keep it at my desk all day.