C section work outs

Options
Good morning MFP friends :0) I was hoping you could give me some tips or exercises I can do after my c section. I just had one this year and now moving forward. Thank you

Replies

• KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i would like to know also!!!
  • dasexiimommy
    Options
    Me too just had one 5 months ago and when I first started working out my incision area was really sore :noway:
  • qtonduty30
    qtonduty30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We are all in the same boat! Just had one almost 3 months ago and trying to get this "piece" down!!! Lol
  • CCarricato
    Options
    What are you girls waiting for?! Not like a C-section would cause any pain...J/K!!!

So I had 2 C-Sections, the most recent was in May 2010. I started walking as soon as I could, honestly, the more you do the faster you heal! I at the zoo pushing a stroller with my 3 year old at just 2 weeks post partum. So at first, walk, walk, and walk some more! Then after I got the OK from my Dr. at 6 weeks post partum I started doing the EA Sports Active workout on my Wii, but really I think that any workout to get you back into the groove would work. I also threw some Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred in there. Then, in September, 4 months post partum I started P90X. Yes, P90X, and no I was not in shape, I am 5'0" and I was 179 lbs. when I started. I also did ChaLEAN Extreme, which was actually a lot easier to do with the little one because the workouts are shorter but just as effective.

I still have about 20 pounds to lose, doing P90X again, and just pushing myself as hard as I possibly can. Your incision won't open, you won't tear anything, at this point you can all start giving it your all!

Send me a message and we can talk about some of the things I did a little more!

Cassie
  • lilvonne80
    lilvonne80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mee too 8 months post partum from my second c-section, I'm on the yoga tip and 80 crunches a day. also doing planks, but the envelope just wont go down. Now I'm adding the calorie counting in to see if it will make a difference. Good luck ladies
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 months post 3rd c-section and I do everything my trainer throws at me!! It hasn't caused any problems!! So I guess it just depends how far post you are!